A fish farm manager is responsible for the breeding and rearing of fish for the wholesale or retail trade. The Fish Farm Manager is expected to manage the farm animals and its products.
Managing breeding and harvesting schedules and monitoring the health of the fish.
Training the staff who feed fish and clean holding tanks
Ensure hygiene standard are high, to prevent disease
Ensuring that the water quality and oxygen levels are right for the fish.
Ensuring proper records of numbers and size of fish are kept.
Keeping financial records and planning budgets.
Arranging for stock to be sold.
Carrying out research into fish farming.
• Computer Appreciation skills (Microsoft office suite)
• Good record keeping and reporting skills
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Good team player
• Good financial acumen
• Must be assertive, focused and confident
• Candidate must possess first degree in Fisheries & other related courses
• 3 – 5 years in production, management, marketing & business development in fisheries/Animal/Livestock production
• Candidate must be between 28-35 years.
Method of Application
Qualified and interested candidates should send their CVs to Human Resources & Admin via firstname.lastname@example.org using the position applied for as the subject.
Deadline: Friday 9th February, 2018.