Job Title: Acceleration Program Investment Director, Africa | Seedstars | Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Contracted: Full Time
About the Programs Team
- The Programs team alongside Labs and Investments are the central squads that make up the capacity building tribe at Seedstars. The Programs team’s key activity is to provide enterprise support through the execution of structured programs to make sure entrepreneurs have the knowledge, network, and services to scale.
- The Programs team operates as a critical revenue generator for Seedstars by developing tailored solutions to address unique challenges faced by startups and entrepreneurs around the globe.
- The Program squad is the fastest growing business unit in Seedstars and is composed of a Head of Global Programs, a Global Startup Growth Lead, and eight full time Program Managers, 3 Program Management Contractors and 4 local Entrepreneur in Residences and Innovation Experts. The team works in close collaboration with many business units throughout the group, including Global Partnerships Management, Regional Heads of Sales, and Finance.
About the Job
- We are hiring a Partner to join an exciting project which aims to support enterprises across Africa. Your objective will be to co-lead every aspect of the VC process: supporting existing portfolio companies, fundraising, team management, strategy etc. This role can be done remotely. Preference given to candidates based in Africa.
- Manage and train the Investment Managers/Associates/Analysts.
- Support with LP relationship building, fundraising and reporting.
- Drive first-ticket investment discussions and decisions for pre-seed and seed stage ventures.
- Lead follow on investment due diligence, analysis and presentation to the Investment Committee.
- Build deep relationships with top Angel Networks, VC Partners and leading ecosystem enablers.
- Support portfolio companies post-investment and drive exit opportunities
- Manage the portfolio diversification and fund allocation.
- You have a passion for startups and technology, particularly in emerging markets and in the field of entrepreneurship and innovation.
- You have a strong belief in getting things done – You have to be comfortable working alone and capable to prioritize and make things happen.
- Extensive experience in VC or PE, preferably in emerging markets.
- Knowledge of technology and market trends.
- Highly developed financial and analytical skills.
- Investment structuring know-how.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Deep Africa expertise.
- Nice to Have:
- Crypto/Blockchain experience.
Why our employees love working with us:
- We are on a mission that is bigger than all of us: to impact people’s lives in emerging markets.
- You get many growth opportunities and responsibilities early on.
- You work in an entrepreneurial culture where you’re surrounded by a vibrant and diverse team.
- We offer autonomy and flexibility with a flat hierarchy and a strong belief that responsible people should have the freedom to do their work when and how they want.
- We were awarded as one of the most democratic workplaces in the world due to our freedom centered practices.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply