ICS Outsourcing Limited | Job Title: Account Coordinator (Tally ERP Specialist)
Location: Lekki, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
ICS Outsourcing Limited is Nigeria’s leading Business Support Solution Company, a pioneer among Nigerian outsourcing companies providing wide range of outsourcing and business support solutions for businesses globally with over 25 years in business. We help companies improve their bottom line when they leverage outsourcing.
- Responsible for maintaining day to day accounting, bank reconciliation, fixed asset register and administrative services in order to meet organizational and statutory requirements. The successful candidate must be chartered and have a working knowledge of Tally ERP software.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Management Accounting
- Ensure accurate, functional and complete accounting, reporting and internal control systems that all relevant records are maintained.
- Codes invoices with accounting account numbers according to distribution in the general ledger
- Transactions posting. Determines dates for invoices to be paid and keys invoices into computerized accounts payable system. Tracks the approvals of transactions posted
- Process all petty cash, cash advances, purchase orders, claimable expenses and payroll income
- Monitors and ensure that approved transactions are posted into the various accounts within the specified period.
- On daily and weekly basis, reviews invoices scheduled for payment and special cheque request with line Manager, prints approved checks, prepare and routes for signature according to check signing authority.
- Attaches duplicate copy of checks to original invoices, stamps invoices “Paid” and files in permanent records.
- Receives and processes vendor invoices and internal check requests.
- Maintains open files for purchase orders, packing/receiving slips and matches to invoices.
- Review, proofread, and verify forms, invoices, requisitions, reimbursements and financial documents as necessary for accuracy in calculation and adherence to policies and procedures.
- Verifies invoices for quantity, unit pricing, extensions and applicable discounts.
- Assist with preparation of financial statements, maintaining cash controls and maintaining accounts payable.
- Assist in the preparation of annual accounts and project financial deliverables
- Processes account payable, receivable invoices and payments in an accurate and timely manner.
- Process all payments through cash-flow and monthly bank reconciliation.
- Obtains approval from appropriate personnel for payment for miscellaneous invoices.
- Maintains alphabetical open invoice file for unpaid invoices.
- Prints, verifies and maintains accounts payable voucher reports, open/aging reports, disbursement reports, and journals.
- Bank Reconciliation
- Creates a journal entry in cash management and reconciles the bank deposit to the accounts receivable sub-ledger
- Investigate differences with the bank statement and company’s journals and ledgers; and reconcile any discrepancies or inaccuracies.
- Sub-divisional Reports- Review the required weekly, monthly, quarterly, exception, biannually and annually reports/presentations.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- Reports to the Manager, Finance and or Executive Sub-divisional Head, Finance. Works closely with other divisions/sub-divisions.
- Experience with Tally ERP software must be stated on your CV.
- A good university first degree is required; preferably in Accounting.
- Minimum of 3 – 5 years working in an Accounting personnel capacity.
- Good communication skills and the ability to work well with people are essential.
- Knowledge of use of accounting software especially Tally is a must.
- Professional certification (ICAN, ACCA) is a must.
- Good organizational and multitasking skills
- Strong analytical and data analysis skills
- Exhibits initiative, responsibility and flexibility.
- Ability to maintain flexible attitude and approach towards assignments and successfully operate under guidelines.
- Must possess working knowledge of regulatory bodies’ taxes and general business financial conditions.
- Good interpersonal skills
- Exercise good judgment in safeguarding confidential or sensitive information and adhere to high standards of confidentiality and honesty.
- Effective time management skills
- Good team spirit skills
- Microsoft Office Proficiency
- Quality Control – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness and monitors own work to ensure quality
- Safety & Security – Actively promotes and personally observes safety and security procedures and uses equipment and materials properly.
- Document Control – Reviewing and keeping records of transaction for reconciliation and decision-making purposes.
- Regular use of the telephone and e-mail for communication is essential. Sitting for extended periods is common. Hearing and vision within normal ranges is helpful for normal conversations, to receive ordinary information and to prepare or inspect documents.
- No heavy lifting is expected. Exertion of up to 10 lbs. of force occasionally may be required.
- Good manual dexterity for the use of common office equipment such as computers, calculator, copiers, and FAX machines.
- The job is performed indoors in a traditional office setting. Activities include extended periods of sitting and extensive work at a computer monitor.
Application Closing Date
20th March, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and cover letter to: [email protected] with “Account Coordinator” as the subject of the email.