Title: Account Officer | Location: Kaduna | Value Seeds Limited
Value Seeds Limited is an indigenous crop seed production solution and development Company incorporated in 2009. The Company is engaged in seed research, multiplication, processing and distribution of hybrids and seeds of improved varieties. We are focused on increasing farmers’ yields, nutrition and livelihood. Our products offerings are two-fold: field crops and vegetables with technology dissemination.
- The preferred candidate will be saddled with the responsibilities of keeping financial records updated, preparing reports and reconciling bank statements. He/ She will also run accounting software programs (e.g. SAGE50) to process business transactions, like accounts payable and receivable, disbursements, expense vouchers and receipts. A successful accounting officershould be familiar with all accounting procedures and have a flair for numbers.
- Ultimately, a successful Accounting Clerk will ensure that the company’s daily accounting functions run accurately and effectively.
- Provide accounting and clerical support to the accounting department
- Prepare and maintain accounting documents and records
- Prepare bank deposits, general ledger postings and statements
- Reconcile accounts in a timely manner
- Daily enter key data of financial transactions in database
- Research, track and restore accounting or documentation problems and discrepancies
- Inform management and compile reports/summaries on activity areas
- Function in accordance with established standards, procedures and applicable laws
- Constantly update job knowledge
- Must have a B.Sc. or HND in Accounting, Finance or related fields.
- Working experience must be between 1-3 years in an Accounting or cognate field
- Must be experienced in the use of SAGE50 or related accounting software
- Proven accounting experience, preferably as an Accounts receivable officerorAccounts payable officer
- Familiarity with bookkeeping and basic accounting procedures
- Competency in MS Office, databases and accounting software
- Hands-on experience with spreadsheets and financial reports
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Aptitude for numbers
- Ability to perform filing and record keeping tasks
- Data entry and word processing skills
- Well organized
Application Closing Date
3rd January, 2021
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply