St Helen’s specialist hospital and medicare centre limited is a newly established healthcare facility with the state of the art medical equipment to revolutionize the healthcare delivery service in Nigeria.
We are currently seeking qualified and experienced professional for the role below:
Job Title: Account Officer
Unit / Dept. Accounts & Finance
Reporting To: Chief Accountant
- This position is responsible for efficiently processing various Head Office payments and other accounting activities such as Accounts Payable, reconciliation of relevant sub-ledger(s), control accounts to the General Ledger and maintenance of Head Office petty cash.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
Reporting and Financial Statements:
- Timely processing of Head Office accounting ledgers and sub–ledgers by verifying and posting all account transactions to the accounting software on a daily basis.
- Ensure the proper documentation of the Company’s financial records to aid the preparation of the Company’s financial statement against agreed timelines.
- Efficiently maintain and manage the Head Office petty cash.
- Review and process Head Office Cash Advance requests; receive & review Advance retirements against supporting documents
- Timely Processing of Head Office payments to suppliers, contractors and employees were necessary.
- Monthly reconciliation of Vendor/Supplier statements and related transactions.
- Daily processing of Head Office accounts payables and raising of accurate payment vouchers as/when required.
- Review invoices for consistency with purchase/service orders and process.
- Call over daily entries against originating/supporting documents.
- Monthly reconciliation of the Hospital’s fixed assets and inventory to the General Ledger.
- Proof branch expense entries per branch returns to ensure accuracy and validity and forward to the Accounts Manager for final review authorization/approval to post.
- Update knowledge and keep abreast of new regulations or policies that may affect the Hospital financial processing and reporting methodology.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Chief Accountant.
Education, Qualifications & Experience
- B.Sc. in Accounting, Finance or other related disciplines.
- Certification ICAN/ANAN/ACCA/CIMA will be an added advantage
- Post-Graduate Studies
- 3-5 years of experience in an accounting/finance setting
- General ledger experience
- Handling a variety of month-end responsibilities within generally accepted
- Accounting principles.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the job title as subject of the mail.
Deadline: Not Specified