Job Title: Account Receivables
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
- This position offers the chance to join the Finance team of a global leader in providing services and products to the energy industry.
- It provides opportunities for advancement in function that strives for continuous improvement and values integrity and teamwork.
- Ensure timely collection of accounts receivable (AR) through regular follow-up on assigned accounts, in line with departmental and personal objectives.
- Document and review the customer order to cash process and proposing opportunities to improve the pain points and increase the efficiency of the process.
- Collect outstanding invoices, gathering information on invoice disputes, and creating invoice dispute records for distribution and subsequent resolution.
- Input notes in collection system regarding submission, resubmission, and transaction approval dates so Company departments have a clear understanding of AR status.
- Record disputes in collection system and assign clear action items for the appropriate dispute owner.
- Identify delinquent accounts and take action to prevent reoccurrence and/or initiate communication with the Credit Manager, Sales and Operations to ask for assistance or escalation.
- Maintain contact with customer AP departments through collection calls, past due notices, and account statements.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders, including those within the Billing Center of Excellence, Sales, Operations, Tax and Treasury to support collections, proper cash application and timely dispute resolution.
- Recommend uncollectable debit balances for expense write-off, and work with Controller and Financial Analyst to clear balances from their AR portfolio.
- Research portfolios for duplicate and over-payments and submit refund requests to Collections Manager, where applicable.
- Review aged credit balances to ensure adherence to the Company’s escheatment policy.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Economics, Finance, or a related field of study
- 3+ years’ experience in Finance
- Previous experience in multinational or audit firm will be an added advantage.
Competencies & Behavior:
- Analytics & Modeling: leveraging new tools with digital enablement at his/her disposal and uses data to inform relatable, manageable, and comprehensive strategic vision
- Communicating: uses authentic communication to drive operational effectiveness; employs methods that align teams, using influence rather than command; connects individuals through multiple channels and creates a culture of feedback.
- Driving change: achieves organizational goals and embraces company initiatives with creativity, elasticity, and appreciation for own complexity; iterates to improve practice norms.
- Integrity: Operates with resolute ethical principles while seeking market outperformance; creates an environment of possibility, in tandem with a culture of quality, safety and excellence.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online