A Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) | Job Title: Accountant | Job Location: Enugu
Major duties / assignments for the right candidate will include among others:
- Looking for grants and donors for the Organization.
- Management of the organization’s financial operations.
- Oversee the financial operations of the organization and ensure timely and accurate financial reports and practices including cash management, payroll, financial disbursements, ledgers etc.
- Responsible for entering financial information and maintaining all financial records for projects and for the organization.
- Preparing and maintaining donor agreements and staff contracts.
- Manage financial control, prepare and analyze budgets, develop financial reports, and make recommendations to the organization on budget expenditures.
- Obtain approvals from the Director and from the donors on all procurements and purchases for the projects and for the organization.
- Monitor the expenditures to ensure that program funds are utilized appropriately by the close of the fiscal year.
- Provide orientation and training to the organization staff on cost-effective management.
- Ensure that all financial reporting is completed on time and submitted to donors.
- Oversee the financial audits of all projects of the organization.
- Provide financial inputs for proposal development, project management,
- Human Resource Management policies, logistics, travel and other areas of administration.
- Must have a University degree in Accountancy.
- He/She must have versed working knowledge in NGO accounting procedures.
- Degree in Social Work will be an advantage.
Attractive and negotiable.
Application Closing Date
4th February, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their Application Letter and detailed CV, showing full details of work experience in any NGO, telephone numbers and email addresses to: [email protected] using the “Job title” as subject of the email.
Send hard copies to:
P.O. Box 2709,