Job Title: Accountant
Location: Maryland, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
Summary of Role Objective
- We are looking for an Accountant to manage all financial transactions, from fixed payments and variable expenses to bank deposits and budgets.
- Accountant responsibilities include auditing financial documents and procedures, reconciling bank statements, and calculating tax payments and returns. To be successful in this role, you should have previous experience with bookkeeping and a flair for spotting numerical mistakes.
- Ultimately, you will provide us with accurate quantitative information on the financial position, liquidity, and cash flows of our business, while ensuring we’re compliant with all tax regulations.
- Manage all accounting transactions
- Prepare budget forecasts
- Provide financial advice where necessary
- Publish financial statements in time
- Handle monthly, quarterly, and annual closings
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual reports for users of the financial statements
- Develop, implement, modify and document record keeping and accounting systems making use of the Company’s accounting software
- Reconcile accounts payable and receivable
- Ensure timely bank payments
- Compute taxes and prepare tax returns
- Manage balance sheets and profit/loss statements
- Report on the company’s financial health and liquidity
- Audit financial transactions and documents
- Reinforce financial data confidentiality and conduct database backups when necessary
- Working with various departments to manage budgets, expenditures and submit cash flow projections for the Company
- Manage cashflow by reviewing payments, verifying documentation, and authorizing disbursement within the terms and perimeters authorized for the level.
- Comply with financial policies and regulations
- Liaise with the external auditors, tax authorities, and other stakeholders when the need arises.
- Minimum of First Degree (2:2) or it’s equivalent in a Numerate or Semi-numerate discipline such as Accounting, Statistics, Mathematics, Economics, Banking, Finance, Insurance, and Business Administration.
- Professional qualification will be an added advantage.
- Excellent research and record-keeping skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strategic thinking, Planning, and creative Problem -solving skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Result-oriented and metric-driven
- Strong logical reasoning
- Attention to details
- Organizational skills
- A high degree of accuracy.
- Comfort working with budgets, payroll, revenue, and forecasting.
- An ability to prioritize and manage expectations
- An ability to work independently.
- The ability to communicate articulately and efficiently with other people within the company
- Ability to lead by example and demonstrate a strong sense of integrity, ethics, and dependability
- Good understanding of the Company’s business.
- Minimum of four (4) years of relevant experience
- Age Limit: not more than 45 years.
- Tenacious and persistent
- Flexible and adaptable
- Personable and able to persuade and influence others
- Innovative and Pragmatic.
- Smart and trainable
- Confident and courteous
- Ability to maintain a professional appearance and provide a positive company image to the public on the job.
Application Closing Date
5th October, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email.