Asset Management Group
Job Title: Accountant
- Prepares, develops and analyses key financial information to ensure that an organization’s management makes well-informed decisions to ensure future stability, growth and profitability.
- Establish and maintain financial policies and management information systems, as well as provide a high quality support service by liaising with management, colleagues on all aspects of finance.
- Analyze the performance of the business and advice on how to pre-empt problems, adapt to changing circumstances and improve value.
- Manage and reduce operational and production costs and implementing newer, more effective strategies.
- Preparing periodic financial statements, including profit and loss accounts, budgets, cash flows, variance analysis, Group account/ annual report and commentaries.
- Providing a support service by working with all departments and the management team to help make financial decisions;
- Ensuring spending is kept in line with the budget;
- Informing key strategic decisions and formulating business strategies;
- Advising on the financial implications and consequences of business decisions;
- Analyzing financial performance and so contributing to medium and long-term business planning/forecasts;
- Develop business and financial case/models for all new businesses.
- Advise management on raising of required capital for financing new projects and monitoring of the disbursement of such funds.
- Manage all investments.
- Manage relationships with all banks.
- Negotiating on major projects, loans and grants;
- Interpreting and communicating financial data to non-financial managers;
- Liaising with other function managers to put the finances and accounts in context;
- Implementing corporate governance procedures, risk management and internal controls.
- Analysing all project expenses and providing commentary
- Maintaining all relevant income and expenditure for each project.
- Looking after and maintaining the project reports.
Requirements / Skills
- Candidates should possess a minimum of Second Class Upper Division in Accounting or related Degree with at least 7 years work experience.
- Must be good in procurement and negotiation
- Excellent budget preparation skill
- Excellent communication, presentation skills and ability to work independently
- Ability to identify, flag and solve problems from start to finish
- Detail oriented and extremely organized
- Polished and professional demeanor
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic setting and demonstrate initiative to drive constant improvement.
- Strategic in driving revenue
- Must be proficient user of Excel and Sage software.
- Business Development skills.
Application Closing Date
10th January, 2023.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the email.