The CVM Career Company | Title: Accountant | Location: Abijo, Lekki -Ajah Expressway Lagos | Type: Full-time
- Oversee general accounting operations by controlling and verifying financial transactions. Prepare and analyze complex financial records and reports to ensure the business is running efficiently. Responsible for reduction of company financial waste and increasing profits.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs monthly and annual financial closes including account analysis, reconciliations and adjustments.
- Analyses financial statements for discrepancies and suggests ways to improve efficiency and spending.
- Establish cost standards for material, inventory and labour and update as appropriate.
- Compares and reports standard costs to actual production costs and analyses productions costs to recommend changes.
- Prepares documentation for External Auditors, and assists with tax audits and tax returns.
- Prepares financial reports, such as balance sheets and income statements, invoices, and other documents.
- Coordinate daily accounting activities and journal entries in the ledger, reconciles financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information.
- Maintaining / reviewing cost prices on the system & analysing the impact on margins
- Monitoring stock movements, and reconciling inventory accounts to the general ledger
- Participates in various accounting projects and assists in ad-hoc tasks
- HND/Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance
- Ability to perform the essential functions of the job typically acquired through 2-3 years of related experience
- Ability to apply knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles & Cost Accounting Standards
- Must be able to adapt to new and different computer programs and software to enable efficient data gathering and analysis
- Proficiency in Excel and Microsoft Office products
- Manufacturing industry background preferred
- Strong attention to detail and confidentiality.
- Must have strong numeric ability.
Application Closing Date
29th November, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter to: [email protected] using the Title as the subject of the email.