Title: Accountant | Getfit Technologies Limited | Location: Abuja
Getfit Technologies Limited is one of the fastest growing indigenous startups, that focuses on fitness wear-ables and highly customer centric. This idea was initially born to assist mothers snap back to their pre pregnancy bodies and help brides-to-be fit into their dream dress sizes and inspiring them to feel comfortable in their own skin, but this dream has been extended to everyone! Fitness and healthy living is everyone’s fundamental right.
- Preparation of weekly/monthly financial management reports.
- Posting to the accounting system and ensure the timely and accurate posting of all transactions.
- Maintaining a proper filing system to ensure the storage and safe-guarding of accounting records and information.
- Maintenance of all items posted unto the accounting system (vendors, supplier invoices, cash receipts and payments).
- Accruals and pre-payments processing.
- Updating & reconciliation of the fixed asset register as and when required.
- Reconciliation of all balance sheet items such as stocks, debtors and receivables.
- Assist & provide external auditors with financial information required for annual audit on payables and receivables.
- Ensure the timely reimbursement of petty cash to the marketers, in line with company policy as and when due.
- Ensure the verification and reconciliation of all sales (cash, card and bank transfers) into the companyТs accounts.
- Ensure that weekly bank reconciliation is carried out for all company accounts.
- Remittance of tax liabilities and pensions to respective authorities.
- Manage Assets and Liabilities- Review the balance sheet schedules for improving efficiency control of assets and liabilities and provide explanations for long outstanding items and the action plan to clear them on time.
- Ensure the registration and approval of different goods and services supplied per timeЦ all new supplies must be checked for confirmation.
- Accept for payment only duly approved cash and cheque requisition forms i.e. the first and final line approvals must be completed
- Prepare and get approval for all vouchers (PVs, petty cash vouchers)
- B.Sc / HND in Accounting or any relevant discipline.
- 3 years minimum working experience
- Experience in the use of sage accounting software
- Must have had experience in the sales of tangible product (e.g. clothes)
- Experience with accounting software and data entry
- Excellent understanding of accounting rules and procedures including the Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Advanced knowledge and experience of spreadsheets
- Ability to work independently
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office. Suite (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel); scheduling appointments/updating calendars is a must.
- Must reside within Wuse 2, Abuja
Application Closing Date
11th August, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV / Resume and Cover Letter to [email protected] using the ” Title” as the subject of the email.