Job Title: Accountant | Location: Lagos | Michael Stevens Consulting
Job Type: Full Time
Michael Stevens Consulting is a Management consulting company, whose focus has been on rendering the following services: Training, Recruitment of Personnel, Outsourcing of Personnel and rendering Financial and Management consulting services to the Manufacturing, Oil & Gas, Telecommunications, engineering services, Hospitality Industry,Public Sector etc.
- Prepare financial statements (balance sheet, profit & loss accounts) in accordance with Nigeria and International Financial Accounting Standards.
- Perform month end and year end closing process and reporting to management team on timely basis.
- Verify collection and arrange for payment on daily basis.
- Prepare reconciliation for all Account Payables, Receivables, and control accounts.
- Maintain files and documentation thoroughly and accurately.
- Prepare and submit tax reporting on time as well as arranging for related tax payments.
- Assist the HR in preparation and implementing of the payroll (computation of salary, other benefits, and deductions);
- The Accountant reports to the Chief Executive Officer but has a dotted line reporting responsibility to the Chief Operating Officer (COO)
- This role is based in Lagos, but the successful hire may be visiting other company outlets in other parts of the country
- To be a good fit for this opportunity you will have a strong financial background and a solid understanding of accounting, as well as some years of experience in MN trading business
- We are looking for a dynamic professional with a strong ownership, a can-do attitude, good leadership skills and initiative to drive changes that impact the entire organization, including the ability to influence and motivate others, not limited to conflict resolution.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting / Finance or full professional qualification (e.g. ACCA, ACA, CPA)
- Minimum of 10 years of working experience in similar roles
- Experience in handling local tax regulation (e.g, VAT / CIT / ET / withholding tax)
- Strong leadership and highly motivated to overcome challenges
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written in English.
- Able to supervise junior team members and provide guidance
- High level of ethics, integrity, and professionalism
- Not more than 45 years of age.
Annual remuneration of between N3,600,000 – N4,800,000
Application Closing Date
4th September, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.