Accountant at Semicolon Village Limited
Semicolon Village Limited | Title: Accountant | Lagos
We are a social enterprise creating employment and economic opportunities by training software engineers and techpreneurs. Technology has the power to transform entire industries and the lives of everyday Nigerians. However, companies and entrepreneurs seeking to develop innovative solutions are faced with the same issue: they struggle to find employees with the skills required to design and develop their technology. Across industries, from finance to agriculture to education, companies are searching for Nigerians skilled in software engineering, design, and project management, and too often are not able to find what they need. We are addressing this gap and building a thriving technology sector in Nigeria by developing talent and fostering innovation.
- Teaching – Our core focus is to develop technical skills in young people through a one-year intensive program that includes classroom learning, hands-on project experience, and internships.
- Incubation – for innovative technology. All students work on technology projects, either based on student ideas or partner companies’ initiatives. We identify the most viable solutions and bring them to reality by providing early support on technology and business development, and connecting entrepreneurs with funding sources, mentors, etc.
- Building Community – We are an “Innovation Hub,” bringing together innovative minds to develop new solutions. We connect our students with mentors and partners from around the globe.
- Project Delivery – We work with corporate partners in implementing projects.
The primary task of an accountant, among other job responsibilities, is to prepare, examine and manage financial information and or records. You will make sure that records are accurate and that taxes are paid properly and on time. You will perform an overview of the financial operations of the business in order to help it run efficiently.
We are hiring for the post of An Accountant to oversee the finance activities of the company, supervising, tracking, evaluating and making strategic inputs in the daily accounting activities in the finance department, delivering an accounting and financial system that meets company needs and at par with global standards.
- Provide strategic financial leadership and ensure accuracy of business planning, financial analysis and forecasting, accounting and budgeting, cost and revenue management, fixed asset accounting, tax and risk management
- Lead the initiation and implementation of financial strategies and policies in accordance with board approved priorities.
- Responsible for Business Strategy and financial policies, procedures, and systems.
- Review working capital/cash flow requirements on a regular basis.
- Monitor banking activities and ensure regular reconciliations of all transactions.
- Develops plans, budgets, forecasts and financial results to guide management decisions.
- Monitor financial performance by measuring and analyzing results; initiating corrective actions; minimizing the impact of variances.
- Overseeing the daily activities of the accounting department and ensuring that all major targets, month-end, and year-end reports, cash receipts, tax computations, revenue and expenditure variance analysis, account statement reconciliations, cash forecasting are completed accurately and on time.
- Ensure the development and implementation of finance and accounting policies, procedures and processes in line with leading practices and accounting standards.
- Analyzing financial data and creating reports for management, stakeholders, and external parties, such as vendors.
- Maintaining accurate and complete financial records and participating in audits or reconciliations, as needed.
- Manage risks and returns on the company’s financial resources, constantly seeking to maximize shareholders investment.
- Ensure availability of adequate funding required for company’s short and long term operations and in line with financial policies.
- Assisting other departments as they develop strategies, establish objectives, and make decisions that could have a financial impact on the business.
- Coordinate regulatory and supervisory functions and manage relationships with regulatory and statutory bodies.
- Ensure adequate controls are installed and maintained to cover all financial transactions, including safeguarding financial assets.
- Establish and maintain relationships with various organizations and utilize those relationships to strategically enhance the organization’s mission.
- Suggest ways to reduce costs, enhance revenues and improve profits
- Provide auditing services for businesses and individuals
- Minimum of 8-10 years experience in Accounting and Finance related fields, 4 years of which must be senior leadership position.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field.
- ICAN(ACA)/ACCA certified.
- MBA will be an added advantage.
- Experience in a fund raiser project will be an added advantage.
- Excellent leadership and communication skills.
- Strong understanding of accounting, finance, and management principles.
- Exceptional mathematical skills.
- Proficiency with computers, especially accounting soft-wares and MS Office suite.
- High level of efficiency and accuracy.
- Willingness to comply with all local, state, federal, and company regulations.
- Attention to detail and the ability to analyze large amounts of data.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply