Accountant | Job Location: |
A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent holder with two years of experience of general accounting and knowledge of accounting principles and practices. Knowledge of state and federal laws regarding accounting, finances and taxation.
- Prepare, examine, and analyze accounting records, financial statements, and other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness, and conformance to reporting and procedural standards.
- Compute taxes owed and prepare tax returns, ensuring compliance with payment, reporting and other tax requirements.
- Analyze business operations, trends, costs, revenues, financial commitments, and obligations, to project future revenues and expenses or to provide advice.
- Report to management regarding the finances of establishment.
- Documents financial transactions by entering account information.
- Establish tables of accounts, and assign entries to proper accounts.
- Develop, maintain, and analyze budgets, preparing periodic reports that compare budgeted costs to actual costs.
- Develop, implement, modify, and document recordkeeping/ petty cash and accounting systems, making use of current computer technology.
- Prepare forms and manuals for accounting and bookkeeping personnel, and direct their work activities.
- Summarizes current financial status by collecting information; preparing balance sheet, profit and loss statement, and other reports.
- Survey operations to ascertain accounting needs and to recommend, develop, and maintain solutions to business and financial problems.
- Advise management about issues such as resource utilization, tax strategies, and the assumptions underlying budget forecasts.
- Provide internal and external auditing services for businesses and individuals.
- Investigate bankruptcies and other complex financial transactions and prepare reports summarizing the findings.
- Represent clients before taxing authorities and provide support during litigation involving financial issues.
- Appraise, evaluate, and inventory real property and equipment, recording information such as the property’s description, value, and location.
- Maintain and examine the records of government agencies.
- Serve as bankruptcy trustees and business valuators.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply