Job Title: Accountant Locations: Enugu, Ibadan-Oyo, Zaria-Kaduna
- Three Centres of Excellence intended to be the best graduate training centres in finance-related disciplines have been established by a reputable Nigerian Public Institution in three locations. The aim is to ensure availability of adequate and skilled manpower for the Nigerian financial system and the Nigerian economy. Consequently, the centres seek to hire competent preofessional to fill the position above.
- To assist the Director in tracking incomes from and payments to internal and external stakeholders, preparing Centre budget, auditing financial transactions and documents, and processing tax payments and returns.
- Manage all accounting transactions
- Prepare Centre budgets
- Prepare financial statements in time
- Handle monthly, quarterly and annual closings
- Reconcile accounts payable and receivable
- Ensure timely bank payments
- Compute taxes and prepare tax returns
- Prepares Income and Expenditure statements
- Report on the Centre’s financial health and liquidity
- Audit financial transactions and documents
- Reinforce financial data confidentiality and conduct database backups when necessary
- Comply with financial policies and regulations
Skills / Qualifications
- Work experience as an Accountant
- Excellent knowledge of accounting regulations and procedures, including the Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Hands-on experience with accounting software.
- Advanced MS Excel skills.
- Experience with general ledger functions
- Strong attention to detail and good analytical skills
- Minimum of a Second-Class honours degree in Accounting
- Additional certification (ACA, ANAN, ACCA, CPA etc.) is an added advantage.
- Possession of NYSC Discharge Certificate is mandatory.
The Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) in recognition of its developmental role and in the exercise of its oversight function over the Financial Services Industry, has undertaken to intervene in the postgraduate programmes of three selected universities; Ahmadu Bello University, University of Ibadan and University of Nigeria.
The Central Bank of Nigeria Collaborative Postgraduate Programme (CBN-CPP) is the Bank’s flagship intervention in the education sub-sector which is aimed at producing a critical mass of well-educated postgraduate degree holders in the fields of Accounting, Banking and Finance, Business Administration and Economics for the financial services industry, and the Nigerian economy as a whole. The CBN-CPP is housed at the Central Bank of Nigeria Centres of Excellence located in each of the Universities.