Location: GRA, Port Harcourt. Job Title: Accountant.
Job Category: Mid-Level. Type: Full Time
Pivotage Consulting – Our client, a full-service logistics company, with specialty in air/sea freight forwarding with International standards, reputable image, high professionalism and consistent quality of service; is currently seeking to grow its team by hiring qualified personnel for the position above.
- Ensuring compliance with existing accounting policies and standard accounting practices in the company’s policies.
- Ensuring production and review of monthly management accounts and associated reconciliations within the specified monthly deadlines.
- Prepare and submit weekly/monthly reports.
- Assist senior accountants in the preparation of monthly/yearly closings.
- Processing payment schedules, vouchers and updating accounts payable.
- Maintaining creditors records for the company, creating and sending out invoices, managing accounts, and tracking inventory.
- Processing invoice in accounting system to customers’ suppliers and other clients.
- Ensuring timely and accurate recording of the company’s financial transactions.
- Coordinating bank reconciliation
- Reconciling supplier statements and preparing payment schedules.
- Ensuring accurate maintenance of the company’s general ledgers
- Matching invoices for approval or request as applicable.
- Handling all tax fillings of the company.
- Assisting with reviewing of expenses, payroll records etc. as assigned
- Note: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Must be possess the integrity to uphold best practices and retain transparent records.
- Very Organized/ Perfectionist.
- Must have an aptitude for numbers and calculation.
- Must possess good rapport, time management, excellent negotiation, strong analytical and organizational skill.
- Must be a good team player with commendable Interpersonal skills.
- Must possess the ability to use accounting software as well as computer software to input and amend data and records.
- Must have strong organizational skills to juggle multiple tasks within the constraints of timelines and budgets with business acumen.
- Must be detail oriented to be able to input data accurately and to recognize any errors they or others may have made.
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree in any accounting discipline or related field.
- Good understanding of accounting and financial reporting principles and practices.
- 3 – 5 years core working experience.
- Easy commute to GRA.
- Must be ICAN certified.
- Must possess ACA/ACCA certification (added advantage)
- Good knowledge of SAGE and QuickBooks is an advantage.
- Experience & exposure to accounting software
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong analysis, critical thinking and evaluation abilities.
Method of Application
Using the role “Accountant (Mid-Level)” as the subject of your application, kindly send your CV only to firstname.lastname@example.org (Please ensure CVs are in MS Word format only).
Only shortlisted candidates will be conatcted.
Deadline: 20th May, 2020.