Job Title: Accounting Administrator | Location: Lagos | Clickatell
Job Type: Full time
Clickatell is a cutting edge technology company and global leader in mobile messaging that enables effortless, personalized, and contextual digital interactions between businesses and their customers. We specialize in helping brands delight their customers with innovative, customer-centric solutions, giving them more time for what really matters.
- The purpose of the role is to provide support in country for the finance and tax departments and assisting in the office administration and facilities duties.
The Role of our Champion
- Downloading of local bank statements, capture and updating bank receipts in batches in the accounting system
- Liaising with the banks to ensure the signatories mandates are kept up to date and the adding/removal of users.
- Responsible for opening additional bank accounts as required
- Schedule payments to fit in with the company’s cash flow objectives
- Submit purchase orders requests for approval on the accounting systems
- Maintain the Purchase order process in the accounting system. Once approve, convert to invoices, archive and delete
- Capture invoices on the accounting system and preparation of payments when needed
- Allocate payments to supplier accounts in the accounting system and supplier account reconciliations and vendor ageing
- Assist local staff with supplier queries by providing information regarding suppliers and expenses on request
- Resolve customer refunds by collaborating with the support team
- Monitor Virtual Top-up (‘’VTU’’) stock on vendors’ portals. Placing orders and following up that they have been processed by the vendors
- Perform the VTU recon with vendors to ensure all transactions statuses have been updated correctly
- Perform the office facilities function to ensure the office adequately equipped by collaborating with group Facilities
- Assist the Accounts Receivable Administrator with customer collections and reconciliations
- Preparing weekly purchases of VTU stock
- Resolve customer refunds by collaborating with the support team
- Raise expense accruals for expenses incurred, not yet invoiced
- Any other ad hoc requests, including support as required with local audits
Tax Specific Responsibilities
Corporate tax compliance:
- Prepare companies income tax (CIT), tertiary education tax (TET), deferred tax (DT) and capital gains tax (CGT) (if any) computations for provisioning in the Company’s financial statements
- Prepare deferred tax provisions for inclusion in the audited financial statements
- Finalise the corporate tax returns based on signed financial statements
- File Clickatell’s corporate tax returns after approval by the Group Tax Director
Process withholding tax (WHT) credit entitlements based on WHT credit notes submitted to FIRS:
- Obtain the relevant WHT credit notes from the Company
- Analyse the WHT credit notes
- Assist the Company with application for the relevant WHT credit entitlement with FIRS
- Assist in following up with FIRS to ensure that the relevant WHT credit entitlement is granted and applied in favour of Clickatell
- Assist in following up with FIRS to ensure that the applicable tax credits are applied in the offset of the Company’s tax liability for the relevant tax years and if necessary, apply to FIRS for carry forward of the relevant tax credit to offset the Company’s future tax liabilities
Assist with processing and obtaining annual tax clearance certificate:
- Assist the Company to complete the online TCC application
- Obtain approval to submit the duly completed application on FIRS’ portal
- Follow-up with FIRS by resolving issues that may be raised on the Company’s TCC application
Monthly value added tax (VAT) compliance services:
- Review of monthly schedules and payment receipts for filing of monthly VAT returns
- Review and analysis of turnover, outgoing invoices and incoming invoices to determine the appropriateness of VAT returns
- Review of input and output VAT on fixed assets and operating expenditure
- Liaising and corresponding with the tax authorities on any queries or issues affecting the Company in respect of monthly VAT returns filed
- Highlight potential liabilities resulting from inadequate compliance (if any) and proposing a remediation strategy
Monthly withholding tax compliance services:
- Review and analysis of invoices, ledgers and trial balance to identify transaction liable to WHT
- Review of monthly WHT schedules to ensure deductibility at appropriate rates
- Review of payments receipts to ensure remittance to appropriate tax authorities
- Obtain WHT receipts and credit notes in respect of remittances made highlight potential liabilities resulting from inadequate compliance (if any)
- Assist the Company to complete its annual transfer pricing disclosure and declaration process
- Assist the Group Tax Director with any ad-hoc tasks, such as local Tax Audits by Authorities
The capabilities of our Champion:
- Excellent communication: Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent Administrative skills: Be able to work with a high level of accuracy.
- Be able to work under pressure: Deadlines are very tight, accurate reporting is a must.
- Supplier Focus: Respond and deal effectively with suppliers.
- Team Work: Must be able to work as part of a team. Must be able to work reliably and responsibly with internal and external colleagues.
- Analysis and logic, systematic and orderly planning, attention to detail.
- Demonstrable experience of excel skills and good working knowledge of Word, PowerPoint, Outlook and Excel.
- Ability to handle high pressure environment and adapt to change.
- Self-starter who can work with minimum of supervision.
- Ethical and principal based working methods.
- Excellent negotiating skills both internally to team and externally with other departments.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Willingness to work outside of normal office hours when circumstances dictate. Bullet point.
Our Champion’s journey thus far:
- Financial qualification and 3 years working experience in a similar financial position
- Microsoft Dynamics NAV experience would be an advantage.
- Working with international creditors
- Computer Literate, (MS Office), with advanced Excel proficiency
Why you will love being here:
- Competitive salary paid monthly
- Medical aid contributions
- Quarterly performance incentives
- Pension fund contribution
- Group life cover
- Communication allowances
- Undercover parking
- Half day off on your birthday
- 5 “personal” days leave a year, over and above your normal annual leave.
- Staff events, snacks, cool offices. All the things that make Clickatell a fantastic place to work.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply