Mario Consulting | Title: Accounts Officer | s Location: Lagos
- Execute all accounting transactions and effect necessary reconciliations of outstanding transactions.
- Provide monthly updates on budget implementation covering credits and carry-forward commitments and payments
- Provide advice on the interpretation and implementation of financial procedures.
- Participate in the development of financial procedures and model documents, including check list for all essential financial activities.
- Keep abreast of relevant accounting regulations and ensure updating of existing processes and procedures
- Ensure that staff who need to use financial procedures are aware of them, understand them and correctly apply them
- Disburse cash advance and ensure retirements within the stipulated time.
- Post financial transactions.
- Update fixed assets register as at when due.
- Compile and record revenue statements and reconcile balances.
- Prepare and compare books of accounts such as cash book, ledgers etc. with bank statements.
- Prepare staff salaries and pay slips and make remittances
- Receivable management.
- Prepares monthly Bank reconciliation.
- Inventory management for the group.
- Prepare monthly Management Accounts for review with Group Head, Finance & Accounts.
- Ensure timely filing of monthly PAYE remittance, VAT Returns and WHT remittance to the appropriate tax authority as at when due.
- File and archive all accounting related documents.
- B.Sc. or HND in Accounting or Finance from a recognized University or Polytechnic
- A certified member of Institute of Chartered Accounts of Nigeria (ICAN)/ACCA
- Minimum of Five (5) Work Experience as an Accounting Officer in a well structured organization
- Hand-on experience in the use of Accounting package (preference for ERP software) is a must
- Proven knowledge of Accounting standards and procedures, laws, rules and regulations
- Proven knowledge in Tax computations and Tax filing
- Advanced computer skills on MS Office and databases for financial reporting
- Sound independent judgement Skills
- Strong passion for work, high attention to details and excellent analytical skills
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, presentation and reports writing skills
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadline, self-motivator, determined and/or confident in his/her abilities to deliver
- Young smart and intelligent.
- Organizational and administrative skills, including ability to manage priorities
Application Closing Date
31st January, 2021
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications to: [email protected] using the Title as subject of the email.