Accounts Payable Assistant at SimpleMarket Inc. (BetaStore.Co)
Job Title: Accounts Payable Assistant | SimpleMarket Inc. (BetaStore.Co) | Location: Ikeja, Lagos
- The Accounts Payable department is responsible for the financial, administrative, and clerical support of a company.
- They are in charge of making payments owed by the company to suppliers and other creditors, paying vendor invoices or bills, and recording the company’s short-term debts.
- This department is vital for the smooth functioning of any business entity.
- Accounts Payable is usually its own department in larger companies but in smaller businesses accounts payable and receivable tasks are usually combined.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Post business transactions, process invoices, verify financial data for use in maintaining accounts payable records
- Provide other clerical support necessary to pay the obligations of the organization
- Maintain meticulous records of outstanding payables
- Ensure the accuracy of an organization’s financial documents for payment, auditing, and tax purposes
- Protect businesses against unintentional overpayment
- Practice effective monitoring to ensure payments are made to vendors in a timely manner
- Prepare vouchers listing invoice number, date, vendor address, item description, amounts, and coding per accounting policies and procedures
- Reconcile bank statements
- Input daily bookkeeping and record-keeping
- Verify invoices against purchase orders and ensure goods or services were received before issuing payment to vendors.
- A BSc or HND
- An understanding of basic bookkeeping and accounting skills is required
- A Degree in the following subjects would be beneficial:
- Finance or Economics
- Business Studies
- Net Pay: N70,000 monthly.
- HMO Cover.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online