Title: Accounts Receivable Executive | CreditRegistry – CR Services (Credit Bureau) Plc “CreditRegistry” | Location: Lagos.
- We are looking for an experienced individual to join to finance team to provide financial, clerical and administrative services to ensure efficient, timely and accurate billing and collections on all customer accounts.
- Produce Invoices – Receive completed sales orders from sales/usage data provider; verify accuracy and completeness of all required information including current pricing, extensions, discounts applied and shipping and handling charges.
- Code sales orders with account numbers by sales/product classifications for cost of goods sold. Keypunch sales orders into computerized accounts receivable system.
- Print billing invoices as per agreement and management directives and mail to customer.
- Manage collections – while maintaining good customer relations communicate with subscribers of invoices that have been sent, ascertain that invoices have been received and secure commitment on when to expect payment.
- Utilize all avenues including but not limited to emails, telephone calls and visits to ensure that payment of invoices remains a top priority for the subscribers with outstanding invoices.
- Ascertain challenges faced by delinquent subscribers and resolve such challenges by removing obstacles for payment, educating the company of subscriber procedures for payments, and presenting alternative measures to deal with obstacles.
- Maintain receivables’ records & track payments – Print monthly statements and send to customers. Print, verify and maintain accounts receivable invoice records, sales and cost of sales reports, open and aging reports, and journals. Receive cheques and prepare deposit slips.
- Prepare and key remittance advice for posting cheques received. Update and review aged receivables for unpaid balances.
- Carry out quarterly reconciliations with subscribers and together with the Financial Controller resolve any discrepancies that may arise.
- Prepare Reports on Sales & Receivables – Verify monthly totals of sales distribution, sales history, returns and allowances and cash receipts journal. Coordinate week, mlyonth-end and year-end closing with Senior Accountant. Communicate with customers regarding their billing and distribute transaction logs.
- Manage delinquent accounts – Reviews status of aged and delinquent accounts with the Senior Accountant on a weekly basis. Supervise preparation and transmitting of letters and notices on delinquent accounts.
- When appropriate, determine and recommends new repayment terms. Under the supervision of the Company’s General Counsel, prepare paperwork for the civil court (small claims court) on local delinquent accounts.
- Track Collections – Review and recommend accounts for outside collection agencies or legal action and follow through as directed by the General Counsel. Negotiate settlements with guidance from the Finance Controller on bankrupt accounts or when appropriate.
- Record any judgments and report to the credit bureaus where appropriate. Review and recommend accounts to be charged off, prepare applicable report(s) and notify credit bureaus
- Support Credit Management – Adhere to standards for granting credit, and propose amendments to criteria for credit limits, special terms, etc. In conjunction with the Head of Sales, Financial Controller, and the Company General Counsel, determine and propose updates to credit policies and procedures.
- Recommend Sales agreements, installment agreements, and/or financing arrangements.
- Stay Knowledgeable – Maintain current knowledge of relevant Debt Collection laws and all state and federal laws and regulations applying to credit granting or collection activities.
- Stay informed of company products, policies, and procedures and periodically advise management on areas of improvement via memoranda to the management via the Financial Controller.
- Performs other accounting duties as requested by the senior accountant
- A First Degree in Accounting
- A Professional qualification – ICAN or ACCA will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 4 years experience in a similar function
Skill / Competencies Required:
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Negotiation and persuasion skills
- Good problem solving and decision-making skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Expert Microsoft Office skills i.e. MS Word, MS Outlook, and MS PowerPoint.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified applicants should:
Click here to apply