Title: Accounts Receivable Officer | Location: Lagos | Mumspring
| Type: Full-time
- We are searching for detail-oriented, analytical Accounts Receivable Professional to assist the department as it receives, processes, and collects on services rendered.
- The Accounts Receivable Professional will work closely with internal departments to ensure that accounts are properly billed and that payments are collected on time.
- You will also review account information, correct discrepancies, and speak to clients to establish better payment terms.
- Processing, verifying, and posting receipts for goods sold or services rendered.
- Researching and resolving account discrepancies.
- Processing and recording transactions
- Maintaining records regarding payments and account statuses.
- Obtaining information from other departments to ensure records are accurate and complete and that accounts receivable ledgers and journals are up to date.
- Working with the sales department to review accounts and client payment and credit history to develop new or better repayment terms.
- Performing administrative and clerical tasks, such as data entry, preparing invoices, sending bill reminders, filing paperwork, and contacting clients to discuss their accounts.
- Generate and send out invoices
- Monitor customer account details for non-payments, delayed payments and other irregularities
- Develop a recovery system and initiate collection efforts
- Communicate with customers via phone, email or personally
- Perform reconciliations.
Skills / Requirements
- A first degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, or related field.
- Previous experience as an Account Receivable Officeris required.
- Relevant professional certifications are required.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Proficiency in the use of QuickBooks.
- Ability to work with little or no supervision.
- Attention to detail.
- 2 – 5 years Experience.
Application Closing Date
22nd February, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Note: Only candidates in Lagos, Nigeria should apply.