Title: Adherence Counselor | Req ID: sfh-01175 | Society for Family Health (SFH)
Locations: Abia, Gombe, Kaduna, Kano, Kwara, Plateau, Oyo, Jigawa, Sokoto, and Kebbi (1 Position Each)
Duration of Contract: Fixed Term Hire (11 months)
- This position will be responsible for ensuring that all identified HIV positive clients adhere to treatment and follow up on drug refill and viral load status of clients.
The successful candidate will perform the following functions:
- Provide psychosocial and continuous support as well as treatment preparation to clients in the health facility
- Attend and facilitate support group sessions for infected clients (Reports)
- Ensure clients who are ready for viral load are reminded to come for sample collection
- Ensure client records are well maintained and compile periodic reports as necessary
- Coordinate and supervise KP community case managers.
Qualifications / Experience
- Must possess a relevant Degree in Counselling, Social Work, Nursing or any other related course.
- 2 years previous experience in an OSS
- Experience in counselling and referral.
Skills and Competencies Required:
- Excellent interpersonal, communication (oral and written), presentation skills.
- Must have a continuous drive for learning and knowledge sharing.
- Must possess excellent report writing and data interpretation skills.
- Candidates should be experienced in donor-funded projects and advocacy skills.
- Must have demonstrated proficiency using intermediate-level office software applications, including Microsoft Word, Excel, spreadsheets and database.
- Multitask and work with minimal supervision.
Compensation & Benefits
The compensation package for this position is very attractive and designed to attract, motivate and retain talented young professionals.
Application Closing Date
23rd June, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- All applications will be treated in confidence. Interested persons without the minimum requirements need not apply.
- We thank prospective applicants for their interest in working with SFH, however only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- SFH is an equal opportunity employer and women are encouraged to apply.
- Persons resident in the States where the roles are situated are also encouraged to apply accordingly.