Job Title: Adhoc Program Assistant | Institute of Human Virology Nigeria (IHVN) | Location: Nigeria
Unit: Clinical Laboratory
Summary / Overview
- The Adhoc Program Assistant, will report to the HOD clinical laboratory services and work closely with the HIV DR sequencing unit.
- S/he will take part in routine analytical work in the HIV DR sequencing lab.
- S/he will be involved in the receipt of samples and reagents, keeping of sample inventory, documentation of laboratory processes, sample preparation for genomic analysis and other duties as assigned.
- Select and label samples in preparation for testing.
- Maintain all laboratory records.
- Sample preparation for genomic analysis and other duties as assigned.
- Document all activities, results and report to laboratory management.
- Clean and sterilize equipment and work area.
- Undertake basic administrative tasks such as filing.
- Comply with the correct procedures, policies, and health and safety regulations.
- Participate in the execution of targets within agreed timelines.
- Follow methodologies and standard operating procedures in carrying out assigned tasks.
- Stay informed with the latest industry trends, techniques, and best practices.
- Degree in Medical Laboratory Sciences (B.MLS) and related fields Biochemistry, of Microbiology (B.Sc.)
- Computer literacy in MS Word, Excel and Powerpoint
- Experience with Laboratory Information Systems is an added advantage.
Application Closing Date
1st May, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their detailed Resume and a one-page Cover Letter as one MS Word document explaining their suitability for the position to the “Deputy Director, Human Resources”through this email address: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
- Candidates are advised to provide three professional referees with email addresses and phone numbers.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.