Job Title: Admin Officer | Hummingbird Nigeria Limited | Location: Lekki / Epe – Lagos | Employment Type: Full-time
- The position of Loan Assistant is responsible for assisting the Loan Department Supervisor in performing various duties and special projects related to consumer and business loan applications;
- Generating loan documentation for all types of loans;
- Processing consumer, commercial and real estate loan payments and advances on lines of credit;
- Boarding loans and updating information on the Bank’s mainframe computer system;
- Maintain and update UCC-1 filings;
- Monitoring tickler reports and following-up on exceptions;
- Working daily insurance and monthly reports; and distributing daily and monthly reports.
- The position of Loan Assistant is required to be fully knowledgeable and skilled in all areas of servicing loans, and is expected to provide leadership, training and support to less experienced department personnel.
- Assures compliance with all Bank policies and procedures, as well as, all applicable state and federal banking regulations.
These including but not limited to the following:
- Performs all related Loan Department responsibilities including, but not limited to; running credit reports and conducting account research; processing consumer, commercial and real estate loan payments and advances; reviewing loan approvals for completeness; generating loan documents; preparing and sending commitment, engagement, auction and decline letters; boarding loan documents on the Bank’s computer systems; entering data to correct or update loan records; maintaining credit files; and closes paid loans and terminates collateral when applicable.
- Provides support to all assigned areas of the department where service or assistance is needed; acts as a backup for various loan department positions and functions.
- Monitors collateral addendas and other tickler system to ensure proper receipt of UCC, Deeds of Trust, and Title Policy filings and other documentation.
- Analyzes and processes all incoming draws, reviews documentation for proper approvals and makes loan disbursements to voucher control company or borrower in accordance with contracts.
- Answers the telephone; responds to routine loan officer or customer inquiries relative to account balances, loan balances and payoff requests.
- Calculates loan pay off amounts for all types of loans.
- Assist customers with completing loan applications and other related loan documentation.
- Assists with preparation of loan files and documentation requests for internal and external audits/exams.
- Completes loan documentation requests for all branches.
- Performs duties which include reviewing work for accuracy and completeness, assisting others in resolving problems, approving transactions within authority levels and training others in department operations.
- Sorts and distributes daily and monthly loan reports to applicable branches or departments.
- Balances lending-related general ledger accounts; processes block entries and miscellaneous corrections.
- Responds to inquiries or refers inquiries to the appropriate department or person, and exhibiting the necessary follow through with customers and/or staff involved.
- Works with insurance policies and related reports; contacts agents; works closely with loan officers and customers to ensure proper insurance is received and maintained.
- Assists loan officers and other personnel to ensure proper related documentation is prepared and/or provided.
- Performs official notary services as required.
- Types routine letters, reports and forms.
- Maintains adequate supplies in loan support area; fills copiers, fax and printers with paper and ink as needed, and monitors customer access areas to ensure relevance and timeliness of marketing materials and publications.
- Sorts and distributes daily mail for Pittsfield location.
- May prepare and assist with loan goal tracking reports and various other reports.
- May update and maintain financial statement, cash flow and tax return documentation in loan files; monitor and update the financial statement tickler report and follow-up on exceptions.
- May process and maintain payments, documentation and any other related information for charged-off loans, REO loans and loans placed on non-accrual status.
- May track 90 day new customer plan for Pittsfield loan department.
- May monitor credit bureau reporting, research issues and resolve discrepancies in Fiserv and make necessary changes in E-Oscar. Maintain current knowledge of E-Oscar system and policies/regulations regarding credit bureau reporting.
- Acts as a backup for various loan department positions and functions including, but not limited to, reviewing loan boarding on Banks computer system; monitor and maintain Letters of Credit; and preparation of monthly loan committee and board reports.
- Cross-trains less experienced loan department personnel in all loan servicing functions.
- Operates computer terminal or personal computer to process loan activity, determine balances, and resolve problems within given authority.
- Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; works ethically and with integrity; upholds organizational values; accepts responsibility for own actions.
- Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; educates others on the value of diversity; promotes working environment free of harassment of any type; builds a diverse workforce and supports affirmative action.
- Follows policies and procedures; completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; supports the Bank’s goals and values; benefits the bank through outside activities.
- Performs the position safely, without endangering the health or safety to themselves or others and will be expected to report potentially unsafe conditions. The employee shall comply with occupational safety and health standards and all rules, regulations and orders issued pursuant to the OSHA Act of 1970, which are applicable to one’s own actions and conduct.
These specifications are general guidelines based on the minimum experience normally considered essential to the satisfactory performance of this position. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required to perform the position in a satisfactory manner. Individual abilities may result in some deviation from these guidelines:
- Associate’s Degree (AA) or equivalent from a college or technical school; or three years of related experience and/or training; or the equivalent combination of education and experience. Work related experience should consist of a financial institution operations, sales or customer service background. Educational experience, through in-house training sessions, formal school or financial industry related curriculum, should be business or financial industry related.
- Intermediate experience, knowledge and training in branch operation activities, terminology and products and services relating to retail and commercial account customers.
- Intermediate knowledge of related state and federal banking compliance regulations, and other Bank operational policies.
- Intermediate skills in computer terminal and personal computer operation; mainframe computer system; and word processing, spreadsheet and account opening software programs as well as Microsoft Office.
- Intermediate typing skills to meet production needs of the position.
- Intermediate knowledge of general office practices.
- Basic math skills; calculate interest and balance accounts; add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals; locate routine mathematical errors; count currency, coin and negotiable instruments in a timely manner.
N60,000 – N80,000 / Month.
Application Closing Date
30th September, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their updated CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email.