Job Title: Admin Officer | The Eye foundation
Location: Ikeja, Lagos
Job Type: Full Time
The Eye foundation hospital was started in 1993 as a high tech specialist Eye hospital capable of providing services comparable to those obtainable abroad. It is the first and foremost indigenous eye practice in the country that runs a group practice with many sub specialized ophthalmologists.
- The Administrative Officer is responsible for the majority of administrative duties in the company
- This person is the one who will manage employee records, organize files, answer calls, and provide support for the whole of the company
- As administrative officer, the ideal candidate will be highly organized, and able to handle financial records and expenses.
- Monitoring and maintaining office equipment, inventory supplies; orders replacement supplies as needed
- Creating, updating, and maintaining personnel records, and other records and databases
- Updating office policies and procedures
- Scheduling company calendar and updating as needed
- Preparing reports on expenses, office budgets, and other expenditures
- Supporting department managers, staff, and CEO
- Organizing conference room scheduling, equipment, and cleaning
- Preparing travel arrangements for office staff and managers; overseeing and preparing expense reports and budgets
- Coordinating building and maintenance issues for general repair (heating and air conditioning, security, etc.) and updating (carpet cleaning, painting, etc.).
- Organizing special functions and social events
- Purchasing of office consumables.
- Monitoring incoming and outgoing mail; signing for packages from USPS, FedEx or UPS; receiving mail and packages from couriers and delivering to proper recipient
- Preparing correspondence, documentation, or presentation materials
- Assisting other departments (such as financial department or HR) with administrative or clerical support.
- Exercises general control over all activities in Stores Department
- Ensures safe keeping both as to quality and quantity of materials supplied.
- Maintaining proper records.
- Initiate purchase requisitions for the replacement of stock of all regular stores items whenever the stock level of any item of store approaches the minimum limit fixed in respect thereof.
- Initiate action for stoppage of further purchasing when the stock level approaches the maximum limit.
- Checking and receiving purchased materials forwarded by the receiving department and to arrange for the storage in appropriate places.
- Reserving a particular material for a specific job when so required.
- Issuing materials only in required quantities against authorized requisition notes/material lists.
- Checking the book balances, with the actual physical stock at frequent intervals by way of internal control over wrong issues, pilferage, etc.
Client Relationship Management:
- Building and maintaining relationships with clients and key personnel within customer companies.
- Conducting business reviews to ensure clients are satisfied with their products and services.
- Alerting the sales team to opportunities for further sales within key clients.
- Letting customers know about other products the company offers.
- Attending to clients’ inquiries and queries and escalating appropriately.
- Building relationships with both new and existing clients.
- Escalating and resolving areas of concern as raised by clients.
- Carrying out client satisfaction surveys and reviews.
- Passing leads to the sales team and following up on progress.
- Liaising with internal departments to ensure client needs are fulfilled effectively.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Finance is preferable.
Skills and Competencies:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent time management skills; able to prioritize.
- Motivated to take on additional projects and solve problems.
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment with multiple tasks and projects at hand.
- Able to organize and manage large amounts of files, tasks, schedules, and information.
- Self-directed and able to work without supervision.
- Energetic and eager to tackle new projects and ideas.
- Comfortable in both a leadership and team-player role, manages team members, leads assistant meetings, and supervises when needed.
- Able to perform clerical duties, maintaining files and confidential information, organizing documents as needed.
- Prior experience as office assistant, office administrator, or handling administrative responsibilities in a related field.
- Highly organized multitasker who works well in a fast-paced environment.
Computer Savvy Skills:
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel); scheduling appointments / updating calendars on outlook and google calendar.
Application Closing Date
28th October, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.