Ref: IITA-HR-NRS2020-012 Position | Job Title: Administrative and Liaison Officer | Job Location: Ibadan Recruitment Type: National (11 months contract) | International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA)
The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture seeks suitable applicants for the position
below at the Institute’s Headquarters in Ibadan:
Position: Administrative and Liaison Officer
Contract: 11 months contract Location: Ibadan
Successful candidate will among other things perform the following duties:
- Develop and maintain plans to support the project including analyses of task,
schedules, and resources needed;
- Assist the Project Coordinator to ensure activities are completed on time within
budget and meet the quality standard;
- Schedule and plan project meetings;
- Liaise with Finance Office to prepare, review and edit project financial reports;
- Liaise and follow up with project stakeholders;
- Facilitate the implementation of project activities in the project area and participate
in the monitoring of progress made towards achieving project set goals and outputsin collaboration with the M&E Unit;
- Ensure that technical and financial project reports are prepared and submitted to
the Project Coordinator;
- Document lessons learned and best practices on the project development,
- Proactively take responsibility to ensure the safety of humans and property at all
- Support in data generation of project administration related information and work
implementation, and oversight activities;times;
with the Communication Unit to produce communication and PR products for the
- Make travel arrangements for the project team and any other project
- Organize and maintain the office filing system (manual and electronic) including
backup, archiving, and storage;
- Keep an inventory of the project equipment and supplies;
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
BSc/HND in Project and Business Administration, Social Sciences, Agricultural Sciences or
related fields with minimum of five (5) years’ experience in project management,
administrative assistance and stakeholder engagement with a well-structured structure
The ideal candidate must have:
- In-depth understanding of entire MS Office suite.
- Experience as a virtual assistant and ability to organize a daily workload by
- Ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced quickly changing environment.
- Proactive approach to problem-solving with strong decision-making skills, being
- Professional level of verbal and written communications skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, planning, and organizational skills.
- Ability to work in a team and independently with little to no supervision.
- Fluency or professional proficiency in both English and French (Part of the
interview will be conducted in French), also knowledge of Yoruba and/or Hausa is an added advantage.
We offer highly competitive salary with equally attractive benefits and excellent working
conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
METHOD OF APPLICATION:
Interested applicants should complete the online application attaching detailed cover letter
and curriculum vitae saved with their names in Microsoft word format to IITA website:
http://jobs.iita.org/erecruit no later than Two Weeks from the date of this publication.
The Date Posted: 22 March 2021 Closing Date: 5 April 2021
colleague and evidence of current remuneration package.