Job Title: Administrative Assistant / Accountant | Location: Maitama, Abuja | Welcome2Africa International (W2A) | Employment Type: Full-time
Welcome2Africa International (W2A) was founded on the vision to redefine the image of Africa. As such, we look to facilitate investments and trade whilst also bridge the information gap with respect to the various opportunities that exist in Africa. We are currently focused on Nigeria’s Agricultural sector.
Over the last 5 years we have hosted a number of Agricultural Investment Conferences in strategic cities around the world including; Luxembourg, Accra, Lagos, Abuja, Frankfurt, Belgium, The Netherlands, and London. These opportunities have provided us with brand recognition, a deeper understanding of the challenges and opportunities associated with investing in Africa’s Agricultural sector, as well as a rich network inclusive of Africa’s Agribusiness stakeholders, investment and finance executives, leading fund managers, private equity firms, family offices, institutional investors donors as well as large agribusiness related firms from around the world.
Overall Job Purpose
- Welcome2Africa International has been growing steadily and is now seeking to dramatically accelerate growth. The Accounting Admin Assistance will ensure the implementation and support of business information systems across multiple departments, identify problems and opportunities within the organization and ultimately provide solutions that help achieve the business/organizational goals.
- Provide administrative support to the accounting department.
- Maintain and manage office administrative expenditure.
- Maintain, verify and rectify customer balances in accounts receivable records.
- Correspond with customers having long overdue and delinquent balances.
- Check and verify vendor bills before making payment advice.
- Maintain and manage inventory control of materials and supplies.
- Maintain bank deposits and check payment records.
- Reconcile bank records with bank statements.
- Provide accounting and administrative support to external audit teams.
- Integrate administrative and accounting functions smoothly.
- Dealing with the inside fiscal state of the organization, so that the correct and exact fiscal records are maintained in compliance with all the government policies and the rules and regulations of accounting
- Helping the general public, employees and the clients with the activities related to accounting
- Running the accounts payable for payment and offering services related to the work force, including activating the new employees
- Processing the benefits and performing the other employee related duties and jobs
- Performing the job of a clerk, related to the utilities, as and when required
- Processing the requisitions, receipts and the other important accounting activities that fall under his jurisdiction
- Maintaining accounts equilibrium on the computers and setting up the brief report of the balances, expenditure data and the other details that are needed in the formulation of the fiscal documents
- Setting up the paysheet and compensation for the unemployed people
- Helping in managing the risks of a company and supervising the salary and the categorization systems
- Helping the fiscal and managing director in supervising the security and the welfare programs of the city
- Acting as a connecting agent between the company, the outside accountants and the government to achieve the information requirements
- Assuring the company that proper data is being held by him for requirements related to history
- Providing training to the other employees and assessing their performance in order to improve their quality and quantity of work
- Presenting the matters related to the performance of the employees and bringing accolades for the activities of the organization
- Setting up the personal budget for appproval and recommending its operation
- Monitoring the expenses for agreeing to the budgets
- Assuring appropriate payment for the employees
- Administrating all the payable accounts within the organization
- Administering the accounts for inside and outside clients
- Assuring that the papers in support of cost activities are delivered accurately at the right time and are executed in a proper payment
- Administrating cross remark activities and favouring accounts that are billable
- Producing codifications for the dealings of all the payable and receivable accounts and applying procedures that will work as per the policies of the company
- Administering the work tasks of all the employees in the department of accounts payable and accounts receivable
- Conducting researches related to the payments and the vendors
- Managing the presentation of the month end data and the conclusion of the fiscal records monthly
- Entering condition change data into projects accounts software to assure the company that the information given about the employees is correct and updated
- Candidates should possess a Bachelor’s degree with 3 – 5 years work experience.
- Experience working with senior decision makers
- Strong communication/interpersonal skills
- Proven analytical background
- Advanced Excel skills
- Should possess business planning skills including financial modeling and budgeting. Should have a proven ability to achieve and surpass targets.
- Must be responsible, reliable and trustworthy required to work with minimal supervision at times
- Capable and friendly with strong communication skills and the ability to build and maintain client relationships.
- The candidate must have a bachelor’s degree in commerce or the same in a related field like accounting or finance.
- He should have strong analytical skills and should carry out his functions very effectively.
- He should be well acquainted with softwares and accounting
Application Closing Date
1st January, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter of no more than detailing your suitability and experience to: [email protected] using the “Job Title” as the subject of the email.