Domeo Resources International (DRI)
Job Title: Administrative Assistant
Location: Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: Full-time
Reports to: Managing Director
- The main function of this job role is to provide administrative support to the MD and accomplish strategic objectives by executing a broad variety of administrative tasks for the organization.
- Handling office tasks, such as filing, generating reports and presentations, setting up for meetings, and reordering supplies.
- Providing real-time scheduling support by booking appointments and preventing conflict
- Assist in the coordination of administrative functions, including budget, personnel, meetings, and clerical duties
- Help implement programs, procedures, methods, and systems
- Conduct fiscal reviews, surveys, and collect information on administrative matters
- Responsible for preparation of confidential documents and reports
- Maintain meeting minutes
- Coordinate and schedule meetings and conferences (mostly virtual)
- Coordinate operations, including purchasing, equipment, property inventory, building, equipment, and disposal
- Maintain complete stock of all office supplies and accuracy of inventory
- Connect with building vendors to carry out fixes and improvements
- Act as the point of contact between all stakeholders in multiple capacities
- Manage information flow in a timely and accurate manner
- Prepare weekly, monthly and quarterly reports
- Review print and online resources to gather information
- Ensure execution of projects on time and within budget, in accordance with the developed plans
- Professionally manage communications with all internal and external stakeholders
- Prioritize conflicting needs; handle matters expeditiously, proactively, and follow through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures.
Senior Management Liaison:
- Participate as an adjunct member of the Executive Team including assisting in scheduling meetings and attending all meetings.
- Assist in coordinating the agenda of senior management team meetings, and all-staff meetings.
- Facilitate cross-divisional coordination of travel and other plans.
Communications & Partnerships:
- Ensure that the MD’s bio is kept updated and respond to requests for materials regarding the MD and the organization in general.
- Edit and complete first drafts for written communications to external stakeholders.
- Work with the Strategic Initiatives team in coordinating the MD’s outreach activities.
- Follow up on contacts made by the MD and support the cultivation of ongoing relationships.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Experience / Qualifications
- A Degree in Social Sciences or its equivalent.
- Minimum of 3 years proven work experience as an Administrative Officer, Administrator or similar role.
- Extensive experience in creating documents and spreadsheets, using office management software such as MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Advanced typing, note-taking, recordkeeping, and organizational skills.
- Working knowledge of printers, copiers, scanners, and fax machines.
- Proficiency in appointment scheduling software such as MS Outlook, as well as call forwarding.
Competencies / Skills:
- Excellent programme management skills
- Excellent Written and Oral Communication Skills
- Excellent decision-making and organisational skills
- Excellent Stakeholder management skills
- Excellent planning and time management skills
- Proven ability to balance multiple projects, and collaborate across disciplines in a cross-functional atmosphere
- A self-starter who is a “doer” and can work on his/her own projects with minimal direction
- Knowledge of Office Software and Internet
Behavioural Qualities / Other Competencies:
- High entrepreneurial acumen
- Proactive identification and elimination of inefficiencies
- Goal, quality and excellence orientation
- Ability to manage internal and external correspondence.
- Ability to motivate others to achieve goals and instil confidence whilst respecting and supporting colleagues and team members to reach their full potential.
- Ability to translate strategic objectives into everyday activities
- Ability to solve complex problems, continuously improve and adapt the ideas of others.
Application Closing Date
13th July, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using “Administrative Assistant” as the subject of the mail.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.