Job Title: Administrative Officer | Accion Microfinance Bank | Job Location: Lagos
The Middle East and Africa region’s Communications area utilizes communications strategies and expertise to advance business priorities across the region. The main mandate of the MEA Communications team is to build and advance, as well as defend and protect, the reputation of MasterCard, its products, enterprise and brand.
The jobholder will join a highly driven African team focused on achieving rapid success and growth across the continent. He or she will have a track record at building competence and confidence in the strategic use of communications within the organization and will deliver impactful and credible communications to key external stakeholders, as well as the equally important employee base.
Based in either Lagos, Nigeria or Kenya, he or she will report to the Marketing and Communications Director: Sub Sahara Africa.
The individual will provide strategic counsel to the Sub-Saharan African senior management teams and support strategic business initiatives. He or she will partner with Marketing on brand building with a sophisticated approach to, and execution of, issues and reputation management.
- Leading development and implementation of a communications strategy for Mastercard in SSA, for both internal and external audiences.
- Aligning with regional Mastercard MEA communications strategy and operating as part of the MEA-wide communications team
- Working closely with country teams, internal business stakeholders and external customers e.g. banks, SME’s, govt, to design and implement communication strategies to support Mastercard SSA business strategy and build public understanding and share of voice.
- Identifying and lead message development discussions with country teams and customers, and oversee planning
- Establish tracking tools, measure and analyze data for continuous improvement of internal communications systems and programs
- Leads implementation of internal and external communications related to philanthropic programs to increase awareness and drive employee engagement
- Networks with stakeholders e.g., communication departments of banks, consumers, merchants, media partners, community leaders and governments
- Work closely with MasterCard’s PR Agencies in Africa to execute MasterCard’s Communications strategy. This includes managing day-to-day PR activities, creating tactical PR plans, editing content, briefing agencies on various projects etc.
- Manage major Sub-Saharan African events especially those attended by the Region’s President or by senior visiting executives like the MasterCard Africa Knowledge Forum, World Economic Forum Africa, African Banker Awards, etc. This includes creating briefing packs, scheduling meetings, venue bookings, managing PR agencies, etc.
- Plan and manage employee events including year-end functions, team off-sites, town halls etc.
- Play an active role in employee volunteering by identifying charitable causes, coordinating with NGOs and mobilizing employees.
- Leverage MasterCard’s digital and social communications platforms to ensure optimized share of voice for MasterCard in Africa and effective two-way communication.
All about you
- Master’s or bachelor’s degree in Communications, International Relations/Public Affairs, Journalism, Marketing, Political Science or other
- Extensive experience using traditional and social media publishing tools, and experience using social media listening tools as well as experience with web and social analytics and tools.
- High levels of initiative, judgment, and decisiveness in accomplishing tasks; proven ability to work independently; good time-management skills and an eye for detail; ability to work effectively under stress and to juggle multiple tasks within tight deadlines.
- Able to work with staff at various levels, from senior management to peers, to identify content opportunities/campaigns that deliver impact to broader business and IMC objectives; a proven communicator of ideas and leader in promoting tools that unlocks new ways of engaging audiences and supporting business objectives.
- Excellent copyediting and writing skills to produce top-level content and provide editorial oversight for social media channels. Ability to simplify complex topics
- Experience identifying risks and issues as related to Mastercard ‘s business
- Excellent project management skills and the ability to effectively collaborate across countries and business units.
- Team player who will work well with senior business and functional leaders of MasterCard South Africa and Sub-Saharan Africa.
- Keen understanding of the African scene beyond just media and into culture, economy, socio- politics and development agenda.
- Journalistic experience an advantage.
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact [email protected] and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
- Manage and maintain stock of printed materials for use in the bank with proper knowledge and use of the BIN CARD. Manage the filing of documents and ensure easy retrieval using the appropriate filing system methods in the bank?s Stores.
- Managing all Office equipment in liaison with all unit?s/branch heads to avoid unnecessary downtime by carrying out routine inspections to identify issues for timely resolution.
- Effective Communication with staff to ensure issues are resolved in the least possible time by ensuring relevant systems is in place to ensure that branch issues are resolved in a timely and efficient manner
- Preparation of reports on Fire Safety Compliance by coordinating the prompt servicing of fire extinguishers and smoke detectors
- Periodic pest controls with fumigation of branches
- Follow up on vendors for various projects/purchases carried out in Accion Mfb branches. And to also ensure prompt response and effective service delivery from security and other vendors
- Ensure that all interactions with statutory bodies are handled without issues by carrying out due diligence on information concerning the levies obtainable within the states and LGAs to avoid running into unnecessary costs
- Prompt and regular servicing/ Maintenance/repairs of the banks? vehicles, equipment and other assets as at when due with timely renewals of vehicle papers (Licenses, Insurance, Road Worthiness and LG Permits) as at when due.
- To ensure good welfare for the support staff in the branches bank-wide with round-the ?clock liaison with their vendor- employer.
- Facilitating execution of projects from start to finish by achieving pre-determined objectives of scope, quality, time and cost to the equal satisfaction of ACCION. And initiate and complete payment of claims from vendors/ service providers
- Routine Maintenance and Preventive maintenance checks and supporting procurement Units in assigned locations and making sure the ambience of branches is always up to ACCION set standards
- Fixed asset and inventories are accurate and up to date. At least one annual inventory check carried out and the quality of inventory record keeping monitored each quarter.
- Health, Safety/Security and Environmental issues/processes are routinely evaluated and risks identified for relevant office management and reported to appropriate units for resolutions
Qualification & Experiences
- B.SC/HND Economics, Accounting, Business Administration/Management and other related field of study.
- A minimum of 1 – 3 years of experience in the Banking, Administrative duties and Office management.
- Good Inter personal and Communication Skills
- Proactive, responsive, result and service oriented.
- Strong negotiation skills and business judgment
- Ability to manage people
- Proven work experience as an Administrative Officer
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office Excel and Word
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply