Job Position: Administrative Officer I | The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture | Job Location: Ibadan, Oyo
Contract: 2-year renewable contract Location: Ibadan
• Receive calls, route calls, take messages and manage the Director’s schedule and
ensure it is updated regularly as the required.
• File and retrieve corporate records, documents, and reports.
• Research and collect data to prepare documents for review and presentation by
• Develop templates for data collection as requested by the Executive.
• Make travel arrangements, hotel bookings and ensure the necessary visas and travel
documentation for the Supervisor’s trips.
• Prepare for physical, virtual meetings and accurately record minutes of meetings.
• Handle visitors to the office of the Executive.
• Read and analyse incoming memos, submissions, and distribute them as needed.
• Perform office duties that include ordering supplies and manage records database.
• Prepare Travel Authorization (TA) and expense reports; make purchases using the
Oracle system, reports, memos, letters, and other documents.
• Use OSRA to make fund transfers and other requests.
• Provide general administrative support to the Director and the Directorate.
• Perform additional related duties as may be requested by the Supervisor.
BSc/HND in Secretarial/Business Administration or related field with a minimum of four
(4) years’ experience in a well-structured organization.
The ideal candidate must have:
• In-depth understanding of entire MS Office suite.
• Experience as a virtual assistant.
• Ability to organize a daily workload by priorities.
• Ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced quickly changing environment.
• A proactive approach to problem-solving with strong decision-making skills.
• Professional level of verbal and written communications skills.
• Good customer service skills, ability to deal with all levels of visitors, requestors, and
must be a good team player.
We offer a highly competitive salary with equally attractive benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
METHOD OF APPLICATION:
Interested applicants should complete the online application attaching detailed cover letter and curriculum vitae saved with their names in Microsoft Word format to IITA website: http://jobs.iita.org/erecruit no later than Two Weeks from the date of this publication.
The application must include the names and e-mail addresses of three professional referees which must include the applicant’s current or previous direct supervisor, professional colleague and evidence of current remuneration package.
IITA is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building diverse workforce, particularly welcoming applications from women.
While all applications will be acknowledged, please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Application Closing Date: 19 February 2021