Aftersales Manager | Jumia Group | Job Location: Lagos
Jumia is a leading e-commerce platform in Africa. It is built around a marketplace, Jumia Logistics, and JumiaPay. The marketplace helps millions of consumers and sellers to connect and transact. Jumia Logistics enables the delivery of millions of packages through our network of local partners. JumiaPay facilitates the payments of online transactions for Jumia’s ecosystem. With over 1 billion people and 500 million internet users in Africa, Jumia believes that e-commerce is making people’s lives easier by helping them shop and pay for millions of products at the best prices wherever they live. E-commerce is also creating new opportunities for SMEs to grow, and job opportunities for a new generation to thrive.
With over 5,000 employees in more than 10 countries in Africa, Jumia is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by very high-profile shareholders. Jumia is committed to creating sustainable impact in Africa. Jumia offers unique opportunities in a vibrant and booming environment, creating new jobs, new skills, and empowering a new generation.
Responsible for accurately processing return of items from customers by evaluating the customer claims and products details. Manages the process for items going to inventory, vendors and customers.
- Aftersales Process and Team Management
- Oversee the process of receiving and reconciliation of packages from Network team
- Ensure that proper quality check is done on each item that comes to the aftersales to ascertain customer claims
- Ensures all packages are processed on time
- Prevent losses through continuous process monitoring and tracking of all items processed by aftersales.
- Queue management of items in transit to and items received at the aftersales
- Performance management including appraisals and training of the Aftersales team on new systems improvements
- Improve overall efficiency in Aftersales by suggesting systems improvement
- Escalate issues to senior management within an appropriate time frame and provide fulfilment manager with end of day / shift handover information.
Qualification & Experience
- Bachelors. Degree (Logistics- supply chain,) or a good degree
- Proficient in Microsoft Office – Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Email, Internet etcProficient in Google Office Suite – Google Drive, Google Sheets, Google Docs, Gmail, etc.
- Minimum of 4 years FMCG, or warehouse management or order management experience
- Experience with quality assessment and control management
- Experience managing an aftersales process in FMCG or E-Commerce will be an added advantage
- Performance-driven, ability to handle pressure and be able to meet strict deadlines.
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy and precision.
- Self-organization, coordination, prioritization, follow up and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to motivate staff.
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team working around the world
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders for our future internet ventures.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply