Title: Agile Software Project Manager | Location: Yaba, Lagos | type: Full-time | Paga Nigeria
Department: Product Development
Sector: Financial Services / FinTech
Reports to: Lead Project Manager
- Our purpose at Paga is to make it simple for 1 billion people to access and use money. We do that by delivering innovative financial services to the mass market across large, underserved markets.
- At Paga we value above all else, Collaboration, Ownership, Results Orientation, Integrity and Innovation (CORII).
- As an Agile Project Manager at Paga, you will be responsible for coordinating the product development activities to guide a product development team through the agile product development processes employed by the team for successful, efficient delivery of projects.
- You will also be responsible for tracking product delivery metrics and for much of the communication about the team activities with the rest of the organization and stakeholders.
To be an effective Agile Project Manager at Paga, you must:
- Be able to shift easily between non-technical and technical perspectives and communicate effectively and persuasively with non-technical and technical-resources.
- Be able to multitask very effectively and be comfortable juggling multiple product-development streams at once
- Be fanatical about detail
- Be comfortable with rapid change and be willing to take ownership to deliver results in a high-pressure product development environment
- Have a passion for quality and an ability and willingness to grow the ability of others in your team to meet those standards
- As a distributed product development team member, communication and collaboration are key. You will need to be excellent at utilizing remote communication tools and applying clear communication and collaboration practices to effectively engage with your “customers”, team mates and other company stakeholders.
- Process execution and coaching – Owning the agile product development process for your team and continuously guiding all team members through the process effectively. Taking initiative to improve the process where appropriate
- Strategic Engagement – Engage productively in strategic product-relation visions setting and strategic decision making. Take a leading role in consistently communicating business strategy with the team
- Task and schedule management – Ensure that all projects are delivered per the iterative agile product development process while meeting expectations for timeliness, completeness and cost
- Stakeholder communication – Maintain clear and transparent communication with stakeholder about the product development process and the status of product development efforts that concern them
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- Educational background, preferably in the fields of Software Project Management, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Engineering / Physics
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience: 3+ years of software project management experience
- Have good working knowledge of Scrum and Kanban agile development methodologies is a plus
- Recognized agile project management certification is a plus.
- Strong strategic and critical thinking skills
- Excellent knowledge and/or experience executing successful Product Development methodologies with a software development team
- Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills
- Strong working knowledge of productivity software such as MS Office
- Highly professional and well presented
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply