Latest APM Terminals Recruitment and Jobs Vacancies in Nigeria – Lagos, Rivers, Calabar etc
At APM Terminals, we are a team of over 20,000 employees spread across more than 60 countries united by a passion to provide our expertise in port operations and container management services. By providing the expertise and port infrastructure essential to world trade, we actively support the advancement of the societies around us, enabling local economies to unlock their potential and build an even stronger global community. Working with a team of talented professionals you will get a chance to experience different cultures and make friends all over the world. You’ll find a culturally diverse, stimulating environment at any of our offices, terminals or depots. When you join APM Terminals, the world is your workplace.
APM Terminals is an independent business unit within the Danish Maersk Group – a Global Fortune 500 company with about 89,000 employees and offices in 130 countries with global growth opportunities in a range of fields from shipping and energy to our offshore and manufacturing industries – Join us to achieve even your most ambitious career goals!
Selected Job Vacancy
Job Title: Employee Relations Specialist
Enable and Strengthen Employee Climate:
- Supports in establishing a positive and engaging workplace culture by effectively facilitating and resolving employee relations matters.
- Provides day-to-day advice and counsel to managers on a wide range of employee relations issues including progressive counseling, performance management, company policies and procedures.
- Serves as a trusted advisor to Managers and HR team, consults, advises, coaches, educates and provides decision making support to the business on a variety of employee relations issues.
- Identifies and recommends strategies to address current and future employee relations and retention needs.
- Mitigates risk by ensuring compliance with APM Terminals policies & local labour laws.
- Evaluates and reviews employee related decisions in response to employee concerns.
- Identifies, analyses and implements resolutions to complex and sensitive issues in a timely and professional manner.
- Leads and conducts investigations regarding potential misconduct and policy violations.
- Supports the outcome of cases throughout partnership with the business.
- Supports the organization with legislatively compliant implementation of initiatives.
- Uses metrics to highlight trends and develop strategies to foster positive employee relations.
- Make recommendations based on assessment of trend and root cause analysis.
- Assist in executing certain collective bargaining and/or union activities, including agreements.
- Mediate any issues of conflict that may have been escalated due to differences between management; union and employees.
- Track and ensure compliance against labour legislative requirements and conditions of employment.
- Maintains a database of key contacts, important to the work of employee relations.
- Observes social, economic and political trends that might ultimately have an effect upon the organization, and makes recommendations to enhance the company’s image based on those trends.
- Acts as a liaison for senior management on community issues and affairs, advising them of sensitive and/or important issues for the community, and recommending plans of action, when appropriate.
- Manage relationship with external labour providers ensuring that such providers are legislatively compliant.
- Avoid labour disputes through the establishment of good relationships between all stakeholders.
We are looking for:
- Requires University Degree in related field.
- Minimum 4-6 years Human Resources/Employee Relations experience.
- Experience working in a Union environment as a spokesperson for negotiations, grievance proceedings and proactive day to day labour relations management.
- Ability to anticipate issues/needs and to work proactively to address them..
- Comprehensive knowledge in employment, employee relations practices and principles, and current laws impacting human resources.
- Sound analytical, critical thinking, problem-solving and negotiating skills, with the ability to understand broad HR issues and to resolve conflict situations.
- Thorough understanding of investigative methods and principles.
- Thoroughly knowledgeable in various international labour relations standards.
- Demonstrated leadership and management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with all levels of employees.
- Requires strong negotiation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise discretion and good judgment, and to understand the effect of decisions overall in the company.
- Ability to handle confidential company and employee information with complete discretion.
- Strong analytical skills, including the ability to extract, compile and analyse data.
- Requires advanced verbal and written communications skills in English, in addition to effective interpersonal skills.
- APM Terminals offers tremendous growth, career and leadership opportunities for those with the ambition, drive and dedication to become one of the best.
- An opportunity to be part of a high-performance team that ensures APM Terminals is the most efficient, safe and profitable terminals in the region.
- Working with partners, shareholders, authorities and other stakeholders.
Application Closing Date
23rd August, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply