Latest APM Terminals Recruitment and Jobs Vacancies in Nigeria – Lagos, Rivers, Calabar etc
At APM Terminals, we are a team of over 20,000 employees spread across more than 60 countries united by a passion to provide our expertise in port operations and container management services. By providing the expertise and port infrastructure essential to world trade, we actively support the advancement of the societies around us, enabling local economies to unlock their potential and build an even stronger global community. Working with a team of talented professionals you will get a chance to experience different cultures and make friends all over the world. You’ll find a culturally diverse, stimulating environment at any of our offices, terminals or depots. When you join APM Terminals, the world is your workplace.
APM Terminals is an independent business unit within the Danish Maersk Group – a Global Fortune 500 company with about 89,000 employees and offices in 130 countries with global growth opportunities in a range of fields from shipping and energy to our offshore and manufacturing industries – Join us to achieve even your most ambitious career goals!
Job Type: Full time
Health Safety & Environmental:
- Support daily safety management system within local/ archetype terminal warehouses
- Undertake regular safety walks and warehouse inspections
- Promote a safe workplace for all warehouse related operations
- Contribute to maintaining a strong safety culture within APMT operations.
- Support best practice in warehousing operations by applying the right knowledge for the Warehouse facilities
- Monitor local Warehouse and Inventory statistics and KPIs, and identify potential improvements to warehouse management, supporting the achievement of operational production/ throughput targets
- Understand APMT procurement policies
- Work collaboratively with the planning team and other terminal staff to ensure that the availability of materials is sustained at all times, to match the overall schedule of maintenance for the terminal
- Organise and support stock control checks in accordance with global warehousing standards
- Support the implementation of the Warehousing and Inventory management standard
- Apply and sustain the criticality, preservation and obsolescence standards for spare parts, materials and equipment held with the Stores inventory management.
- Monitor and optimise stock levels and minimum re-order quantities to ensure that critical spares are available on a just-in-time basis, and that costs for depreciation and storage of spares are kept to a minimum
- Ensure clear communication with both internal and external clients
- Build collaborative relationships with associated divisions and external parties
- Participate and contribute to the APMT network for Warehousing and Inventory management community
- Ensure compliance with APMT Group values and business principles
- Implement and fully utilise accurate spare parts costing standards and reports
- Measure spare parts costs and drive optimization of the local inventory management processes
We are looking for:
- Minimum of 5 years experience in warehouse management – managing spare parts and tools
- Minimum of 5 years experience in an operational asset maintenance or inventory management related environment
- Professional certification in Warehouse & Inventory management or related supply chain disciplines
- Practical knowledge of Warehouse Management Systems (WMS), barcode inventory system and related technologies
- Applied knowledge of 5S and Lean methodologies
- Preventive maintenance of tools and spare parts
- Academic qualification appropriate to the role in the terminal / archetype locality
- Practical, analytical mindset
- Understanding of asset maintenance principles, its processes and requirements and relationship to the supply chain
- Structured, driven, self-motivating and result orientated
- Highly disciplined – following through on actions and ensuring necessary documentation
- High quality awareness and ability to work with constant care
- Sensitive to cultural diversity and experience in a multicultural environment, with respect to employees, local authorities and other stakeholders
- Strong communication skills and ability to influence
- Excellent written English and verbal communication.
- APM Terminals offers tremendous growth, career and leadership opportunities for those with the ambition, drive and dedication to become one of the best.
- An opportunity to be part of a high performance team that ensures APM Terminals is the most efficient, safe and profitable terminals in the region.
- Working with partners, shareholders, authorities and other stakeholders.
Application Closing Date
14th December, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online