Job Title: Assistant Accountant | Paga | Location: Yaba, Lagos
Sector: Consumer Finance
Grade Level: Assistant Accountant 1 – Grade 5
Report to: Finance Manager
Paga is a licensed financial services company and a leading payments company in Nigeria with a massive transformative purpose – to make it simple for one billion people to access and use money. It was founded on the simple belief that the ubiquity of mobile phones can be leveraged in building an ecosystem that enables people to digitally send and receive money and creating simple financial access for everyone.
About the Role
- Paga is looking for a passionate, self-driven and experienced Assistant Accountant to join our team! As the Assistant Accountant, you will keep financial records, prepare reports, and update financial information.
- You must be familiar with accounting procedures and should have experience with accounting software programs (like SAP and Oracle).
- The ideal candidate will be able to process business transactions, handle accounts payable and receivable, expense reports, receipts, and other financial matters. Proven accounting experience is required.
- Work with senior accountant in processing payments to suppliers and vendors
- Verify and process employee expense claims, manage and monitor reimbursements and ensure it is according to corporate expense policy
- Manage and review company payment terms regularly to take advantage of cost savings
- Process and record purchase requisitions on ERP by charging expenses to accounts and cost centers
- Manage Tax remittances and other corresponds with the tax authorities for audit/desk review by collaborating with Tax consultant
- Maintains and organize records on Tax documents
- Work with stock reconciliation team to ensure that there is no stock out at any time and responsible for replenishing the stock
- Weekly reconciliation of corporate bank accounts to ensure that errors and discrepancies are detected and resolved in a timely manner
- Assist in the preparing of balance sheets, income statements and other financial statements according to legal and company accounting and financial guidelines
- Support the month end process by reconciling balance sheet items to ensure proper classification and accurate account balances.
- Prepare monthly reports for designated profit centres with commentaries
- Perform bimonthly aged payables analysis and advice manager on overdue payment(s)
- Prepare, reconcile, and manage pension remittance schedules for all PFAs
- Identify improvements to the accounts payable process
- Assist with external audit
- Assist in the preparation of the annual budget as required
- Perform vendor payment reconciliation on a monthly basis and serve as subject matter expert for various account payable functions.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- Minimum 3-years’ experience in Accounting or finance related function
- Proficiency across Data, Financial and Strategy Analysis
- Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of a 2:1 in finance, accounting, or any related field
- Strong accounting background and is a student member of an accounting professional qualification (ICAN, CIMA, ACCA etc.)
- Experience in Nigerian tax regulation and management is an added advantage
- Must have completed the mandatory NYSC
- Result oriented with a keen eye for details
- Solid understanding of basic accounting and accounts payable principles
- Proven ability to calculate, post and manage financial records
- Accurate data entry skills
- Ability to build good relationships with vendors and suppliers
- Ability to prioritise and multitask
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability work as part of a broader team
- Intermediate computer software skills, including Excel and Accounting packages
- Decisiveness, good judgement, strong organizational skills,
- Self-Driven and hardworking
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Note: We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity inclusion. We do not discriminate on grounds of colour, race, nationality, religion, age, ethnic origin, disability, gender, marital status, or sexual orientation in our employment practices.