Assistant Commercial Finance Manager | General Electric GE | Location: Victoria Island, Lagos, Lagos, Nigeria
Role Description Summary
You will be responsible for supporting the West Africa Commercial Finance Manager on finance activities for the West Africa region Local Customer Team (LCT). You will also lead the Financial, Planning and Analysis (FP&A) activities.
- Own the wing to wing financial activities for big deals in Nigeria, Ghana and the West Africa sub region
- Support in the validation, document submission, follow up, cash collection and application
- tracker and status updates
- Support financing status for customers tracking in addition to credit status, tracking cash status and payment terms milestones
- Support in credit override and approval of deals and supplier payment acceleration
- Support in cash flow estimation and requests of buying foreign currency from banks
- Support in ad hoc requests with different functions – Buy to pay, Record to Report, controllership
- Lead GE Healthcare finance/business planning cycles including blue print review
- Participate in quarterly / yearly accounting closing processes
- Deliver Financial, Planning and Analysis (FP&A) process for monthly/quarterly financials and communicating results
- Provide financial data to finance and operating teams to drive growth
- Support the improvement of growth by challenging the drivers, developing contingency scenarios, driving stronger management accountability, improving financial forecast process, enhance management performance measures and improve execution discipline
- Understand, communicate and explain variance drivers within the business segment them into unusual, controllable, operating drivers and identify root cause and action owners
- Provide necessary analytics to highlight key business performance drivers; Identify risks and opportunities throughout the quarter and develop processes to mitigate risks while capitalizing on opportunities
- Drive standardization and process improvement across operating businesses in all aspects of planning and reporting, including best practice sharing.
- Work with Commercial teams and operations leaders to drive opportunities for pricing, variable cost, base cost, and material variance
- Lead and /or participate in simplification projects that will facilitate and increase capacity for value-added financial analysis
- Lead exposure reduction with operations team and other function
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, or Business Administration and more than 7 years financial work experience
- Strong analytical skills: able to clearly link financial results to operational performance drivers, generate alternatives and drive positive change
- Solid PC skills: experience with financial systems/applications (i.e.: Oracle, Hyperion, SAP, COGNOS, Business Objects, etc.), strong Excel skills in data compilation and aggregation (i.e. pivot tables, VLOOKUP and macros) and power point presentation
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and the ability to communicate complex business issues in a clear/concise manner
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to influence others and drive change while working across all levels, functions, and regions
- Strong critical and clear thinking/problem solving skills and ability to add value to operating teams.
- CPA, CFA, CMA, MBA or any other recognized external finance qualification
- Experience working in a global and matrixed business environment with sound understanding of global process and transactional flows
- Successfully led projects/process improvements within operations/finance function; able to quickly grasp new ideas
- Adaptable/Flexible: being open to change in response to new information, different or unexpected circumstances, and/or to work in ambiguous situations
- Integrity: accepting and adhering to high moral, ethical, and personal values in decisions, communications, actions and when dealing with others
- Confidence/Assertiveness: strong influencing skills across business functions
Inclusion and Diversity
GE Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer where inclusion matters. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Our total rewards are designed to unlock your ambition by giving you the boost and flexibility you need to turn your ideas into world-changing realities. Our salary and benefits are everything you’d expect from an organization with global strength and scale, and you’ll be surrounded by career opportunities in a culture that fosters care, collaboration and support.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply