Job Title: Assistant Head, Circulation | A Newspaper House | Location: Any City, Nigeria
- The job holder will assist the Head, Circulation in every day planning and managing circulation activities and ensure the achievement of agreed quantity circulated and sales revenue in print and digital
- He will assist in addressing operational circulation issues, support in the implementation of the circulation plan of the company, and assist to develop practical operational plans aimed at capturing increased visibility and availability of the brand opportunities across all client segments in all geo-political regions
- The Assistant Head, Circulation will assist to manage the operational circulation requirements of the Newspaper and ensure it is visible and available for continued increase sales in the identified geo-political regions
- Good knowledge of the Newspaper Circulation dynamics in Nigeria
- Able to maintain good relationship with agents and vendors
- Applying verifiable means of selling newspapers outside agents and vendors
- Assigning contingent marketers to approved territories or zones
- Monitoring of Marketers sales activities and giving of appropriate direction
- Monitoring of newspaper sales across all the territories and zones
- Keeping record of progressive growth in newspaper sales level
- Obtaining sales information about competitors and using same to deploy actions
- Periodic submission of sales report and its interpretations as required by Management
- The person must have the drive, be result-oriented, think outside the box; one who can inject fresh ideas to promote sales and broaden the circulation network of the newspaper within a short time
- The person must be vibrant, agile and be within the age-bracket of 30 and 45 years.
Qualification and Experience
- B.Sc or HND in Marketing or any other Social Science course with minimum of 5 years working experience in a media firm
- Good knowledge of country and the regions and in particular Lagos State
- The candidate must have had at least 5 – 7 years cognate experience and must have the required contacts among newspaper distributors, agents and vendors across the country.
Skills and Competencies:
- Planning and Organizational Skills necessary
- Good understanding of the following areas: Comparative Analysis, Sales Planning, Understanding the Customers / Agencies, Product knowledge Development, and relationship management;
- Very good oral and written communication skills;
- Computer literacy; with proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
Application Closing Date
1st September, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV alongside with photocopies of their credentials to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.