Job Title: Assistant HR Manager | Location: Lagos | IPI PowerTech
Employment Type: Permanent
IPI PowerTech, is a member of the IPT PowerTech group of companies that delivers specialized solutions to the power, industrial and telecom sectors in Africa, the Middle East and neighboring countries. Since our inception in 1993, we have grown into a leading power solutions company, combining power expertise with telecom infrastructure specialization.
- Production of accurate and timely in-house payroll administration in accordance with statutory regulations and in addition, ensuring that data entry and statistical reporting are done in a timely manner.Support the HR Director in the actualization of the HR strategy for the company.
- To maintain payroll information by designing systems, directing the collection, calculation and timely entry of data. This will involve the collation and input of all relevant information for the monthly payroll (including new starters, leavers, benefits, overtime, contract changes, sickness absence payments, maternity pay)
- To arrange the payment of staff salaries by directing the production and issuance of paychecks or electronic transfers to bank accounts
- To analyze data, interpret results and provide a written summary of data analyses
- To determine payroll liabilities by calculating the employee income taxes (PAYE), employers social security taxes (Pension), and workers compensation payments.
- To assist in the administration of benefits schemes such as pension.
- To provide advice to staff in relation to pay, taxation and salary enquiries.
- To maintain payroll guidelines by writing and updating policies and procedures.
- To manage payroll discrepancies and review account reconciliations.
- To provide supervisory oversight for the regional HR representatives
- Act as DOA in the absence of the HR Director
- To Comply with federal, state and local legal requirements keeping abreast of existing and new legislations
- To work collaboratively within the HR Team, finance team and other departments to ensure that the overall aims and objectives are achieved.
- To assist HR when required. This may include employee relations, filing etc.
- To maintain absolute discretion and maturity in handling sensitive/confidential data
- To undertake compliance reporting
- To continually monitor and update statistical data to ensure trends are reported.
Qualifications / Skills / Abilities
- A degree in Business Administration or related fields
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in Human Resources Administration or in a related field
- Excellent administrative, organizational, prioritization & time management skills.
- Self-confidence, ability to multi-task & handle pressure.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong numerical and analytical skills.
- Highly attentive to detail.
- Proficiency in relevant payroll and accounting software
- Excellent IT skills, particularly Microsoft word and excel with the ability to present information in forms, tables and spread sheets.
- Ability to demonstrate an understanding for the need of confidentiality in dealing with all HR issues.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply