The Musical Society of Nigeria (MUSON) located in Marina, Lagos | Musical Society of Nigeria (MUSON)
Job Title: Assistant Music Librarian
- Stamping all newly acquired materials.
- Accessioning of the library materials.
- Inputing the bibliographic details of the library materials into the Library Software.
- Shelving and Shelf reading of Music library materials.
- Attending to users/visitors’ queries.
- Photocopying of materials for library clients, teachers and staff.
- Random checking /monitoring of the library client activities especially on computer systems
- Operating the Audio-Visual materials: i.e. DVD player, Large Screen TV, mixer, speaker etc.
- Assisting in the maintenance of the library materials, e.g. binding, cleaning, spiral binding, photocopying, etc
- Performing other duties as assigned by the Director, Deputy Director, and the Library Manager.
- Ordering, Purchasing, and taking delivery of MTNF Funds textbooks for the Diploma Students
- Managing, Arranging, and distributing the Musical instruments and accessory to students for their minor instruments.
- In charge of Music Instrument Store.
- Working with Music Software e.g Sibelius and Musescore.
- Downloading Music Materials online for Library Clients and the Music School.
- A Degree or Diploma in Music or Library Science. Any other higher qualification in the field is an added advantage.
- At least 2 years’ experience in the relevant field.
- Should be vast in Computer Automation.
- Should have excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Strong interpersonal and problem-solving abilities.
- Highly responsible & reliable.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a service-oriented outlook.
Application Closing Date
31st January, 2023.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application Letter, Passport Photograph and CV (with a daytime contact GSM number) to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email
Or send to:
Chief Executive Officer,
Musical Society of Nigeria (Muson Centre),
Mobil Block, 8/9 Marina,
Onikan Lagos State.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.