Job Title: Associate Accountant | Branch International | Location: Lagos
Branch delivers world-class financial services to the mobile generation. With offices in the United States, Nigeria, Kenya, and India, Branch is a for-profit socially conscious company that uses the power of data science to reduce the cost of delivering financial services in emerging markets. We believe that everyone, everywhere deserves fair financial access. The rapid spread of smartphones presents an opportunity for the world’s emerging middle class to access banking options and achieve financial flexibility.
Branch’s mission-driven team is led by founder and former CEO of Kiva.org. The company presents a rich opportunity for our team members to drive meaningful growth in rapidly evolving and changing markets. In 2019, Branch announced our Series C and has garnered more than $100M in funding with investments from leading Silicon Valley firms including Andreessen Horowitz, Trinity Capital, Foundation Capital, Visa, and the International Finance Corporation (IFC).
We value diversity and are committed to providing an inclusive working environment where human beings of all backgrounds can thrive.
The Associate Accountant will report to the Senior Accounting Manager for Nigeria. This will be a permanent role that will involve accounting, reporting as well as ensuring adherence to internal controls and statutory compliance.
- Production of daily, weekly, monthly reconciliations for Nigeria covering disbursements, Repayments & Net-cash, third party contracts.
- Perform accounting functions as assigned including, but not limited to verifying, allocating, posting, and reconciling transactions with deep knowledge of IFRS.
- Assist the team to ensure the preparation and communication of timely, accurate, and monthly financial and management reports.
- General ledger reconciliations on NetSuite and reviewing final financial reports required by management including accompanying schedules, worksheets, and narratives.
- Assisting with annual external audit, completing requested materials.
- Filing and documentation management.
- Assist with completion of the quarterly and annual regulatory filings
- Quarterly and Annual Statutory Statement pages/schedules
- 2-3 years of relevant experience
- Candidate must be proficient in using Microsoft Office tools especially Excel
- The candidate should have worked with an accounting system; Oracle, Sage, Netsuite
- Ability to work under pressure and flexible hours
- Professional qualification(s) (e.g ACCA, CIMA) will be an added advantage
- You are highly entrepreneurial. You take the initiative to solve problems before they arise. You’ve started and/or contribute to projects you’re passionate about.
- You are a great collaborator. You know that startups are a team sport. You listen to others, speak your mind, and ask the right questions.
Benefits of Joining
- Mission-driven, fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment
- Competitive salary and equity package
- A collaborative and flat company culture
- Fully-paid Premium Plan medical coverage
- Generous vacation policy
- Generous child bonding leave policy
- Pension Benefit and Life Insurance
- Discretionary trips to our offices across the globe, with global travel medical insurance (when it’s safe to travel!)
- Flexible working hours
- Weekly team meals and social events (virtual for now!)
Branch International is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The company does not and will not discriminate in employment on any basis prohibited by applicable law. We’re looking for more than just qualifications – so if you’re unsure that you meet the criteria, please do not hesitate to apply!
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply