Job Title: Associate
Location: Lagos (Hybrid)
Employment Type: Full-time
What You’ll Do
- Associates lead the planning, execution, and day-to-day management of Busara projects.
- As primary project manager for all external Busara projects, you will quickly gain an expert understanding of a particular problem or research question, develop creative and rigorous solutions to client and partner needs, and manage both internal and external relationships with energy, enthusiasm, and professionalism.
- An Associate directly manages other project staff that work on their projects and liaises effectively with other Busara teams.
- Engaging in multiple large-scale research and advisory projects at a given time.
- Incorporating the latest research in qualitative and quantitative methods, behavioral science, psychology, economics, and development to provide creative solutions to engagements.
- Planning, managing, and executing external and internal engagements independently from start to finish with limited supervision.
- Managing and conducting qualitative and quantitative research and data analysis.
- Designing, launching and analyzing effective quantitative and qualitative survey instruments with coordination among project staff (Analysts, Project Leads, Data and Programming, and Operations teams).
- Serving as a point of contact for clients and partners and effectively managing the needs of stakeholders through proactive communication and troubleshooting.
- Contributing to project on-boarding and off-boarding for knowledge management.
- Being responsible for project timelines, deliverables, reports, and staffing.
- Contributing to the creation of proposals, concept notes, and pitch decks for new business opportunities and knowledge sharing.
- Presenting at conferences, networking events, or client meetings.
- Contributing to the design, execution, and dissemination of Busara internal research projects.
- Leading or supporting other Associates to fulfill engagement requirements.
- Contributing to internal skills-building workshops.
- Coaching & mentoring Analysts and Project team members.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Economics, Social Sciences, Public Policy or related fields.
- Strong qualitative and quantitative research skills including excellent abilities in data analysis, knowledge of, and experience working with data analysis software.
- Proficiency in Stata, R, or Python
- 1-3 years’ previous work experience in a related field, with experience managing large-scale research and consulting projects in developing countries.
- Ability to quickly understand and adapt to new contextual situations
- Ability to manage high-level relationships with partner organizations.
- Excellent management, project management, and organizational skills.
- Flexible, self-motivating, able to manage multiple tasks efficiently, and a team player.
- Interest and experience working in a fast-paced working environment.
- Fluency and excellent communication and writing skills with a mastery of English.
- Ability to execute projects while sustaining a global focus and vision for institutional planning and decision making.
- A Master’s Degree in Economics, Social Sciences, Public Policy or related fields.
- Experience managing or mentoring staff.
- Familiarity with randomized controlled trials and/or quasi-experimental designs
- Technical understanding of qualitative research techniques.
- Strong academic behavioral science background.
- Knowledge of the application of behavioral science to real-world problems.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: As applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the vacancy is filled, you are encouraged to submit your application soonest possible.