Associate, Finance Operations at Babban Gona
Babban Gona | Job Title: Associate, Finance Operations | Location: Lagos | Employment Type: Full-time
Reports to: Head, Finance Operations
Industry: Financial Services
- Lead a team of financial analysts toward achieving pre-set goals.
- Develop guidance documents for financial processes and train staff on their use.
- Verify that transfer requests meet guidelines.
- Ensure that staff expenditure requests meet guidelines and budget limits.
- Provide support to management during year-end closing which includes helping process transfers and answering any questions that colleagues in the finance division might have regarding revenue, expenditures, fund movement, etc.
- Measuring the monetary funds of the company in order to find out whether they will affect the execution of all the enterprise projects.
- Approve third party payments through accurate reconciliation of financial records.
- Monitor and manage credit cards and invoice payments for farmers.
- Act as the main point of contact for addressing any inquiries and questions related to financial operations.
- Perform monthly invoicing by gathering and compiling data, coordinating with the Financial Control team on cost allocations, and working with financial analysts to record information in the accounting system.
- Analyze existing accounting and finance systems and make recommendations for improvement.
- Support periodic finance audit and development of financial policies and procedures for operational efficiency.
- Develop and maintain financial statements for future reference.
- Support financial planning, budgeting and other reporting activities.
- Ensure that financial operational activities are executed and delivered as per the standards set by the company.
- Develop operational initiatives to achieve financial goals.
- Monitor and manage expenses within the established budget.
- Performs a variety of administrative activities to ensure financial and personnel requirements are met in a timely manner.
Experience in Finance and Accounting Role:
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Banking, Business or Economics.
- Master’s Degree in Finance and/or MBA is an advantage.
- 3 – 5 years of work experience in finance and accounting
- Profound know-how in advanced financial analysis, cash management – accounts payable and receivable, bank reconciliations, investment banking, etc.
- Strong financial modeling experience.
- Strong leadership skill; and ability to streamline functions.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills – both written and oral.
- Excellent quantitative and analytical skill.
- Ability to work with a team or independently.
- Extensive experience leading a complex organization and passion for getting into details to identify root cause of issues and create innovative solutions.
- Excellent presentation skills; must be comfortable interacting with executive-level management.
- Strong negotiation skills٫ with a good ability to build relations with employees and vendors.
- Strong organizational skills with business-oriented thinking.
- Demonstrated ability to interpret data to derive business insights
- Ability to provide support to; and collaborate with internal units and external groups to achieve business objectives
Start Up Environment:
- Thrives in a fast paced, start-up environment with dynamic business priorities.
- Competitive Salary
- Health Insurance
- Performance Bonus
- Annual Paid Vacation
- Group Life Insurance
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online