Location: Ikeja, Lagos, Nigeria.
Type: Full Time.
Job Title: Associate HR Manager.
Job Category: Expert / Top Level.
Reports to: Global Head of Human Resources.
Pivotage Consulting – Our client, a multi-national business that designs, distributes, and finances solar-powered home energy products are looking to hire an Associate HR manager.
The Associate HR Manager’s role primarily entails understanding the business objectives, provide and support appropriate HR programs, strategies and processes across recruitments, performance management, employee engagement, talent management, learning and development and employee relations.
Understanding specific business requirements, as we grow in West Africa, and translate these into talent/capability requirements. Others include:
• Institutionalizing a rigorous hiring process aligned with technical and behavioral competencies.
• Working with individuals, managers, and functional leaders to ensure fair performance reviews, including goal setting, self-assessment, manager assessment completion, and targeted action planning.
• Partnering with the functional leaders to track and improve critical people metrics such as employee engagement and retention.
• Planning and executing talent management initiatives in partnership with the functional leader, including identifying high potential employees, promoting the right people into the right roles and supporting their skill development to perform effectively in these roles
• Building greater efficiency into the adherence to and practice of people processes by minimizing pain points or delays experienced by functional teams.
• Coaching people managers on employer brand as regards specific activities such as managing poor performance and exits.
• Be an objective voice in investigations and disciplinary procedures, contributing ethical, legal, and organizational perspectives to the process.
• Driving greater awareness and understanding across all levels on opportunities, benefits, and people processes to continue to foster a fair and inclusive work environment.Note: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
• Strong team player.
• Excellent Interviewing Skills, Professionalism, Ability to work in Team, and result-driven approach.
• Experienced and skilled in creating and organizing presentations and reporting for an executive audience.
• Excellent organizational and planning skills with attention to detail.
• Strong organizational and time management skills to stay on top of time-sensitive projects and urgent requests, requiring a high level of flexibility and ability to execute quickly.
• Thinks ahead, minimizing potential problems. Proactive in identifying areas to improve.
• Effective verbal and written communication skills.
• Takes initiative to learn new systems and stay current in the area of expertise.
• A Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources Management, Business Administration, or equivalent experience.
• 6-7 years of HR business partnership experience.
• Experience in independently partnering with leadership.
• Ability to thrive in an unstructured, multi-cultural environment, and work independently.
• Critical thinker with success in developing innovative solutions to business issues.
• Strong communication skills to ensure information flows both upward and downward.
Application Closing Date
16th May 2020.
Method of Application
Interested candidates should send their CV’s to firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title (Associate HR Manager) as the subject of your application (Please ensure CVs are in MS Word format only).