Job Title: Audit Officer | ActionAid (AA) | Location: Abuja, Nigeria | Reporting to: Internal Auditor
Line Management: None
Internal Relationships: Entire AAN team
External Relationships: Partners & other stakeholders
- To assist the Internal Auditor in ensuring the system of internal control is adequate to achieve management objectives in an efficient and effective manner, established procedures are being properly followed, assets are safeguarded and that resources are judiciously utilized, Management information is sound and adequate, risk management and analysis framework including those of partners are developed and enhanced.
Scope of Responsibility
- Reviewing accounting records and systems within the overall context of the organisation’s internal control framework
- Examination of financial and operating information for management, including detailed testing of transactions and reports.
- Reviewing the external operating environment for the effectiveness and efficiency of programme activities and the adequacy of non-financial controls.
- Reviewing the level of compliance in respect of corporate policies, plans, procedures, guidelines, laws, and regulations.
- To audit statutory accounts and ancillary records (cash and bank, payroll, creditors and accruals, debtors and prepayments, imprests, floats, and petty cash etc.)
- To conduct audits of local implementing partners and ActionAid Nigeria funded programmes and projects.
- To evaluate maximum compliance on all types of financial, accounting, administrative and operational control systems.
- To conduct physical verification of all tangible assets of the Organisation and identify their physical existence or locations.
- To pay regular visits to programme areas and partners to ensure that procedures and guidelines specified in the Policy documents are properly adhered to.
- Obtain, analyse, and evaluate accounting documentation, previous reports, data, flowcharts etc
- Prepare and present reports that reflect audit’s results and document process
- Identify loopholes and recommend risk aversion and cost saving measures
- Other responsibilities as may be assigned by the Internal Auditor.
Education / Qualifications:
- First Degree in Accounting.
- Membership of accounting professional bodies.
- At least three years post NYSC experience in Auditing
- Cognate reporting experience
- Excellent working knowledge of Excel, Word & Outlook (MS Office in general) & experience in handling cash.
- Ability to use SUN accounting system
- Experience in working with international development of NGO agencies.
- Fluency in spoken and written English language
- Highly numerate
- Excellent planning and prioritization skills
- Ability to think Strategically
- Excellent (proven) interpersonal and both oral and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical / problem solving skills.
- Multi-tasking skills.
- Negotiation skills.
- Creative and takes initiative.
- Able to work effectively in a diverse team environment
- Willing to work additional hours at crucial times.
- Should be willing to travel widely & at short notice.
- Team player
- Self-motivated person able to work without close supervision
- Effectively promote the AAN’s mission values, and objectives
Application Closing Date
18th October, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their completed Application Forms in an MS Word attachment to: [email protected] using the Job Title and location e.g. ‘Audit Officer – Abuja’ as the subject of the mail.
Click Here To Download Application Form (MS Word)
- Only electronically submitted forms will be considered.
- Submitted CVs will be disregarded.
- ActionAid offers competitive terms of employment.
- Applications from women and candidates from the North East and North West are particularly encouraged.
- While we respect all applicants, interview dates will be communicated only to shortlisted candidates.