Title: Audit Officer | Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers | Type: Full-time | Sobaz Nigeria Limited
Sobaz Nigeria Limited is a top Petroleum Marketing and distribution company.
- Responsible for planning and guaranteeing independent and objective assurance on the management of risk throughout the organisation.
Audit Planning and Design:
- Develop an annual audit plan using input from the team and stakeholders to identify priorities and resource requirements for the year.
- Schedule and assign audits to team members, ensuring effective use of people resources.
- Report to the Board of Directors at the required intervals on internal audit assignments including planned reviews, investigations, risk advisory work and all other duties assigned.
- Develop the team’s engagement with and support of major business change programmes thus ensuring that appropriate consideration of risk and control is given to all change initiatives.
- Oversee and provide quality control for the departments audit, to ensure departmental mandate and business goals are met and that professional standards are maintained at all times.
- Plan and coordinate financial, regulatory, compliance and operational reviews.
- Conduct regular financial risk assessment and identify controls in place to mitigate identified risk.
- Perform audit procedures to test the reliability of established controls within the organisation.
- Identify control gaps and opportunities for improvement.
- Ensure corporate assets are safeguarded and accounted for at all times. Risk:
Develop a risk register and include level of risk and proposed mitigants. People and Process Management:
- Consistently develop and review of internal control policies and procedures.
- Build relationships with leaders across the organisation to understand issues and identify areas for improvement for the organisation as a whole.
- Develop new methodologies to improve the audit process, making it “easier” for the organisation to request audits and implement recommendations.
- Keep abreast of developments in Corporate Governance and Risk Management practices and advise the business accordingly.
- Provide assistance to the business in meeting regulatory requirements.
- Manage and oversee team performance through performance planning, coaching and performance appraisals.
- Handle performance issues, discipline as necessary and address poor standards, ensuring department targets and customer satisfaction is not compromised.
Academic Qualifications and Skills
- Advanced Degree MSc., MBA / PhD in Finance, Economics, Accounting or any related business degree.
- Professional Qualifications / Membership to professional bodies.
- Full membership of relevant professional bodies such as the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria ICAN, ACCA.
- Must have 3-8 years work experience.
- MS Office proficiency.
- Behavioural Competencies / Attributes
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent, negotiation, communication, business.
- Presentation and people management skills
N60,000 – N70,000 / Month
Application Closing Date
15th June, 2021.
For enquiry, Please call: 08165253190.