Aza Finance (Formerly Known as Bipesa) is an established provider of currency trading solutions which accelerate global access to frontier markets through an innovative infrastructure.
Title: Treasury and Payments Associate | Location: Lagos | Aza Finance
The Treasury Associate role is primary centered on back-office reconciliations of customer and treasury transactions. These customers are majorly Money Transfer Operators who transact daily and hence the need to have their records properly maintained & reconciled. In addition, the candidate for this role will focus on OTC reconciliations especially for manual payouts and other treasury operations roles as detailed below:
- Maintain reconciled statements of accounts for all MTO clients.
- Reconcile OTC payments with various payment partners.
- Respond to customer queries regarding payment issues or MTO statements
- Assist with reconciliation research and implementation
- Work closely with the finance department to resolve reconciliation issues
- Work closely with the the Product team and Traders to maintain transaction data integrity
- Support Customer Service team in the support channel to sort payment issues or discrepancies
- Booking treasury transactions in SAP
- Queue / verify customer payments as per company’s policies and procedures
- Update of float balances and reconciliation of pending payments
- Verifications of payments queued by other team members on payment platforms
- Saving of bank/partner statements in a shared drive folder for finance team
Bank Account & Payment provider Administration:
- Provide transaction documentation to our bank partners on request.
- Support the Channel Management team with any information regarding our current bank account and treasury needs
- Any other duty as assigned by the Line Manager
- University degree
- 2 – 3 years’ experience in bank reconciliations
- Fluent in English. French & Spanish is an added advantage
- Solid MS Excel skills
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Detail oriented and analytical
- Basic understanding of accounting principals
- Ability to perform at a high level in a fast past environment
- A competitive salary and benefits package.
- Global / regional network / exposure in FinTech / Blockchain industry.
- Casual work environment.
- Great work-life balance.
- We value autonomy.
- Opportunity for growth for all employees.
- Opportunity to work hard and play hard.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Note: AZA is an equal opportunity employer and will consider every qualified applicant for employment. AZA does not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, national origin, ancestry, religion, gender, sexual orientation or disability.