Title: Backend Engineer Manager | Reliance HMO | Location: Lagos | Type: Full Time
Specialization: Software / Web Development
- Integrate user-facing elements developed by front-end engineers with server-side logic.
- Test and continuously integrate newly developed codes with the existing codebase.
- Package products for deployment and automate their deployment.
- Automate IT operations to improve the reliability of high-scale systems.
- Collaborate closely with frontend engineers to ensure that the designed solutions respond to non-functional requirements such as availability, performance, security, and maintainability.
- Analyse current codes and industry developments to formulate more efficient processes.
- Monitor errors and bugs on the system.
- Collaborate closely with infra teams to develop related products.
- Understand the needs of your customers and be able to effectively design systems to meet these needs.
- Have a good understanding of business products and services, and be able to advise others about them.
- Execute detailed creation of products through a combination of coding, verification, and debugging.
- Ensure products are compatible with multiple browsers and multiple devices.
- Carry out occasional maintenance on products to fix software bugs, change features, or completely upgrade the system.
- Evaluate new methodologies and technologies aimed at improving the quality, reliability, and performance of product development systems and processes
- Mentor and develop a team of engineers, supporting them and enabling their career growth.
- Recruit and scale your team of driven engineers who have high expectations around craft, ownership, and impact.
- Liaise with inter-divisional teams as appropriate.
- Continuously challenge yourself and your team, to allow for constant improvements
- Work alongside other engineer managers and set the direction for your team, the engineering department, and the company as a whole.
- Build a thoughtful, long-term technical strategy that anticipates future needs.
- Define strategies to allow consistent development of solutions that reflect the ideas provided by the Product Team.
- Minimum of 6 years engineering experience
- Proficiency in PHP-Laravel
- Proficiency in Microservices patterns & Architecture, Java Springboot, AWS
- Experience planning, executing and delivering projects with multiple engineers in an agile environment.
- Experience in working in Agile Scrum Methodology
- 2 years of people management experience would be good, but if you have spent 2 years thinking about people management, then we would like to speak to you too.
- A love of people management, great products, and product design.
- Willingness to code when required.
Application Closing Date
30th June, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply