Job Title: Barman
Location: Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: Full-time
Duties and Responsibilities
- Interact with customers, take orders for drinks and snacks.
- Planand present barmenu.
- Serve snacks and drinks to the customer.
- Check identification of the guest to make sure they meet age requirements for purchase of alcohol and tobacco products.
- Mix ingredients to prepare cocktails and other drinks.
- Mix drinks, cocktails and other bar beverages as ordered and in compliance with hotel standard drinkrecipes.
- Prepare alcohol or non-alcohol beverages.
- Service Wineand Beer to guests.
- Arrange bottles and glasses to make attractive displays.
- Assess customers’ needs and preferences and make recommendations
- Ability to Sell or influence others for up selling andsuggestive selling.
- Provide recommendations and suggestions to guest for choosing Drinks and Snacks.
- Serve customers in a friendly and helpful manner.
- Keep the bar counter and work area neat and clean at all times.
- Determine when a customer has had too much alcohol and if required refusing any further serving on a polite way.
- Demonstrate a thorough knowledge of food and beverage products, menus andPromotions
- Handle and move objects, such as glasses and bottles, using hands and arms.
- Clean up after customers and clean work area.
- Maintain a clean working area by sweeping, vacuuming, dusting, cleaning of glass doors and windows, etc. if required.
- Perform physical activities such as lifting and stooping.
- Maintain liquorinventoryand consumption.
- Collect payment for drinks served andbalanceall receipts.
- Prepare inventory orpurchase requisitionsas needed to replenish supplies.
- Ensure that the assigned bar area is fully equipped with tools and products needed for Mixing beverages and serving guests.
- Stay guest focused and nurture an excellent guest experience
- Comply with all food and beverage regulations
- Perform Other duties as and when assigned by the hotel management.
- Minimum of Diploma in any field.
- 3 – 5 years experience (Previous bartending experience required)
- Must be able tocommunicatein English writing and speaking and other languages are advantages. Good personality and Positive interpersonal skills are required.
Application Closing Date
2nd February, 2023.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Photograph to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.