Latest job vacancies at Bayero University
Bayero University has evolved from a small college running Advanced Level training programmes to one of the respected Nigerian Universities, recognized beyond the shores of the country.
The seed of Bayero University Kano was the Ahmadu Bello College set up in 1960, located within the School for Arabic Studies (SAS), in the old city of Kano. With the establishment of Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria, in 1962, it was renamed Abdullahi Bayero College. In 1964 it moved to a temporary site at the old Kano Airport Hotel, admitting its first set of ten undergraduate students for a B.A. degree programme of Ahmadu Bello University.
Jobs: Bayero University, Kano Recruitment
January 5, 2023
Bayero University The seed of Bayero University Kano was the Ahmadu Bello College set up in 1960, located within the School for Arabic Studies (SAS), in the old city of… Read more here
January 5, 2023
Bayero University Job Title: University Bursar Location: Kano The Position The University Bursar is a Principal Officer and the Chief Financial Officer of the University, responsible to the Vice-Chancellor for the… Read more here
- The University Bursar is a Principal Officer and the Chief Financial Officer of the University, responsible to the Vice-Chancellor for the day- to-day administration and control of the financial affairs of the University.
- He/she should provide the University Management with appropriate advice and support for all the institution’s financial transactions, including investments.
Qualifications and Experience Required
- Prospective candidate must hold a good Bachelor of Science (Honours) degree in Accounting or any other relevant degree from a recognized university. Such candidate must not be above 60 years of age on assumption of duty, and competent in relevant accounting software(s).
- In addition, he/she must be a full member of at least one of the following professional bodies:
- Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria (ICAN)
- Association of National Accountants of Nigeria (ANAN)
- Chartered Association of Certified Accountants (ACCA)
- Chartered Institute of Cost and Management Accounts (ICMA)
- The applicant must currently not be below the rank of a Deputy Bursar or equivalent and must have a minimum of 15 years of cognate experience, at least 10 years of which must have been spent in the University System.
Condition of Service
- The successful candidate shall hold office for a non-renewable single term of five years under such other terms and conditions as applicable to Federal Universities in Nigeria, and as may be approved/reviewed by the University Governing Council
The salary and other conditions of service shall be in accordance with what obtains in the Nigerian University System.
Application Closing Date
16th February, 2023.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit twenty-five (25) copies of their Applications and comprehensive Curriculum Vitae with contact telephone numbers and email addresses, as well as copies of supporting documents under confidential cover in an envelope sealed and marked “APPLICATION FOR THE POST OF UNIVERSITY BURSAR” to:
PMB 3011, Kano,
Note: Candidates should request three referees (at least one of whom shall be a professional or an authority in the relevant field) to send confidential reports on them.