Latest BBC Job Recruitment in Nigeria.June, 2021.
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below. Diversity matters at the BBC. We have a working environment where we value and respect every individual’s unique contribution, enabling all of our employees to thrive and achieve their full potential.
We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of the BBC – whether that’s to contribute to our programming or our wide range of non-production roles. The more diverse our workforce, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our audiences in all their diversity.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief. We will consider flexible working requests for all roles, unless operational requirements prevent otherwise.
BBC | Title: Shoot Edit (Senior Camera Operator), West Africa Deployments | Lagos
Africa’s media landscape is changing. It is one of the fastest developing news markets in the world with mobile technology transforming lives, internet connectivity increasing, the radio market remaining relatively strong and television migrating from analogue to digital.
The BBC World Service remains the leading international broadcaster in Africa, reaching millions of audiences across all platforms and Social Media. As part of the world’s largest broadcaster, the BBC Africa Service broadcasts a daily mix of news and current affairs programmes through radio, TV and digital platforms to very large and audiences in West Africa and beyond.
We have an opportunity for a Senior Camera Operator to join our team in Lagos.
- Operate cameras without supervision to a medium level of artistic complexity.
- Use a range of video, audio and digital equipment and information technology to research, write, shoot, assemble, edit and deliver outputs in the appropriate medium, to the highest professional standards – recognising the distinct requirements of different types of output.
- Routinely shoots and edits packages, long form pieces.
- Operate lighting for camera to a basic level of complexity (normally restricted to basic lighting kit).
- Operate and rig the full range of camera equipment for high complexity productions (multi-camera).
- To undertake pre- and post-production and studio work, live and pre-recorded. Use a range of video, audio and digital equipment and information technology to research, write, assemble, edit and deliver programmes in the appropriate medium, to the highest professional standards.
- To liaise closely with other team members and with other departments in the BBC, to ensure that output material is shared, duplication is avoided, and best practice is upheld.
- Work to the highest level of craft complexity on directed multi-camera productions including handheld.
- Delivering to tight deadlines while maintaining the highest editorial standards.
- Willing and adept at passing on skills through training and mentoring.
- At all times to carry out duties in accordance with the BBC health and safety policy.
Are you the right candidate?
- Experience as a camera operator and editor.
- Relevant experience in a News broadcasting environment, practicing a range of location craft skills (e.g. camerawork / lighting / editing / location facilities). Able to demonstrate a strong interest in and proven commitment to News.
- Proven knowledge of issues and stories relevant to African audiences.
- Experience of filming, editing and packaging content for TV and radio.
- Ability to gather and prepare audio and video material for use on any service, recognising the distinct requirements of different types of output, self-shooting and editing routinely.
- Significant recent experience as a journalist, with a good knowledge of production techniques – especially self-shooting and editing.
- Industry recognised training.
- Experience in working across a range of programmes genres, both recorded and live.
- Excellent communication skills, tact and diplomacy and be able to liaise with people at all levels.
- Must have the full range of location craft and technical skills, the ability to operate current broadcast technical equipment on location and at base, demonstrating a well-developed sense of visual awareness and a willingness to learn how to use new technology and kit.
- Excellent digital skills with track record of researching and discovering stories and after appropriate training use PNG, Quickfire and other newsgathering systems.
- Demonstrate excellent knowledge of digital broadcast – Using WMT (Mobile), Lucy live, livestreaming, DSNG etc
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply