latest jobs recruitment and vacancies in Nigeria BIC Nigeria October, 2021
BIC Nigeria is a world leader in stationery, lighters and shavers. For more than 70 years, BIC has honored the tradition of providing high-quality, affordable products to consumers everywhere. Through this unwavering dedication BIC has become one of the most recognized brands and is a trademark registered worldwide for identifying BIC products which are sold in more than 160 countries around the world.
In 2018, BIC Net Sales were 1,949.8 million euros. The Company is listed on “Euronext Paris” and is part of the SBF120 and CAC Mid 60 indexes. BIC is also part of the following Socially Responsible Investment indexes: CDP A list and CDP “Supplier Engagement rating Leader board”, Euronext Vigeo – Eurozone 120, Euronext Vigeo – Europe 120, FTSE4Good indexes, Ethibel Pioneer and Ethibel Excellence Investment Registers, Ethibel Sustainability Index (ESI) Excellence Europe, Stoxx Global ESG Leaders Index.
BIC Nigeria is Nigeria’s number one Writing Instruments manufacturer, with approximately 5 million euros in Net Sales and about 30% market share in volume. Its main Writing Instrument manufacturing facility is currently located in Ilupeju-Lagos and will be relocated to a new modern facility north of Lagos in Shagamu.
Job Title: Junior Office Manager | BIC Nigeria | Location: Lagos | Employment Type: Full Time
- Be the First Point of Contact of BIC Nigeria / LSNL Commercial office in Lagos
- Answering and transferring incoming phone calls & mail, receiving visitors to the office
- General admin tasks including, but are not limited to: Some typing, Postage, ordering supplies (stationery, papers, refreshments. etc)
- Support in organization of events, booking travel, hotels etc. Arranging meetings & appointments
- Support in organization of general office duties & maintenance.
- Safety audit for the office premise
- Upkeep of Daily attendance sheets
- Compilations & Filing of administrative forms e.g. Sickness & Absenteeism, a record of the distribution of company assets (phone/car) etc
- Basic level of education as a minimum e.g. High School Diploma
- Minimum of 2 – 3 years experience in a similar role
- Experience as a receptionist in a professional customer-facing organization
- Experience of light ‘office management’ duties preferred
- History of organizing events & meetings
- Evidence of keeping records & files for office-based duties
- Experience & attitude are more important
- Fluent in English (and comprehensible) is essential
- Yoruba and/or any other local dialect preferred but not essential
- French is an advantage
Professional / On the job Skills:
- Customer-facing skills. How to deal with external customers & agencies in a professional manner
- Able to demonstrate strong organizational skills through previous experience i.e.
- How to organize & coordinate events, meetings, agendas
- How to keep regular records well filed
- Basic Microsoft Office software skills
- Strong Communication Skills
- Highly organized
- Professional approach to work
- Friendly & outgoing
- A Team player willing to ‘join in’
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- BIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We strongly commit to hiring people with different backgrounds and experiences to help us build better products, make better decisions, and better serve our customers. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability status, or similar characteristics. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
- BIC is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practise, all resumes submitted by search firms to any team member at BIC via email, or directly to a BIC team member in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of BIC, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by BIC as a result of the referral or through other means.